Windows 7 Are All of My HDD's Are Dying At Once?

Asilee

Extraordinary Member
I don't know what's wrong with my baby but he's doing something crazy. The SSD that someone bought me is screwed. Meaning, it's slower than both of the HDD's that I have. I've since reformatted the SSD and I'm in the process of removing it from my computer. However, the 500GB isn't doing too hot, either. It's really slow. It hangs at the Windows splash window for at least 15-20 minutes. I have since re-installed Windows onto the 500GB. It was doing fine an hour or so after I installed Windows onto that HDD but, after a few restarts, it started lagging. The issue with the long load time at the splash window has been since before I re-installed anything, anywhere.
Then, when it loads I cannot do anything on it. I've re-installed Windows 7 twice in the last 72 hours to try and fix this issue but to no avail, it's still giving me the blues. I can't watch a video, load anything in a browser, update Windows, etc. My 1TB is going bad, too. It loads really slow and I can't seem to get past the first two folders to get to other files on the HDD. That's where all of my assignments, Photoshop work, videos and such are on. I did a virus scan and found that the HDD had two viruses on it and I've since removed them. I've tried loading up the computer in Safe-Mode but it hangs at classpnp.sys every time.
Also, when Windows load (after it the splash screen is gone) It does a request to CHKDSK for one of my HDD's - the 1TB one. Should I simply remove that one and see if there's any change? I'm shooting all kinds of bullets in the dark hoping something changes.+
What I haven't done is reset the bios or tried removing and then reinserting the RAM. Could it be the RAM? I don't know. Maybe it's the battery? Who knows but I DO know I am about to blow my top. All three of my HDD's can't be going bad at once, can it? Could it be a root-kit virus? If so, am I screwed? Please say no.
It's a rig I built myself and I recently had an MSI build but now it's something different.

Here are the specs:

• OCZ SATA II 90GB SSD - Vertex 3
  • 4GB of RAM- DDR3
  • 32-bit OS Windows 7 Ultimate
  • AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40ghz
  • ECS - A885GM-A2 Motherboard
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
  • Seagate 1TB HDD
  • WD Blue Caviar 500GB HDD

When I try and install anything (I was using Google Chrome) onto my computer (which takes at least 10-15 minutes), it gives me an error "ShellExecuteEX failed code: 1460. This operation returned because the timeout period expired". It also doesn't recognize that I inserted a removable disk (flash drive), or it may have but it's taking a very long time to respond. Again, this is a clean copy of Windows.

Back