Windows Vista ARGH !

Kalama Jim

Flame me, Shame me. Just went to MSFT dot com site, looked into the "Vista" link ... about what's coming out there in the future ... This is where I'm going to "flamed" and "defamed" and all that 'cause ... all the market share crud, user base stuff, malware/ etc, expense to have the computer to "use" it ... but, you know, as I read through and looked at all the "Gee, ain't this stuff gonna' be neat..." I got a warm place in my experience that I was already doing these things on OS X 10.4.3 ???

"What ?!?", you say. Well, I never knew what WYSIWYG & GUI's meant until one of my Win 3.x friend's explained it to me. I thought that was what everybody did back in 1993-4. This whole experience reminds me of the daze of vapor ware from M$. But, I digress, that's just a history term for what "may be" / but not here yet, so why spend your time looking at something that is here now, wait for what may be, because it will be so good for "somebody". What may be will be so good for you, trust me ...

Hmm ok, I don’t blame you for being cynical. But XP was a vast improvement over, uhm.. Millenium Edition and 98… it looks like you will be able to scale down all the new graphical gadgets and gismos in Vista anyway. If youre a minimalist like me you’d probably use the classic view. As for paying 150-200 $ to upgrade… Im hoping against that, so we will see what the initial price is (hopefully low). If the performance of applications can be faster than what it is in XP it will be a decent upgrade

it looks good. i dont see why not. all i hear is whining and complaining about this. not saying its you,, but come on guys get a life. more to life then sit at home and bashing a new product coming out.

Heh

zinc533, you are the man!....I couldn't say it better then you just did...
Tho...bashing is necessary....and you can see that from the numbers of forums on net...people need that... :idea:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Please see this topic. This is not like most forums on the net. We do not want flaming going on. Please respect others. Besides, we all had to start some where Kalama.

-josh_rain

Back
Top Bottom