Windows 10 Arm

Justice

Maybe I posted in wrong thread, looking to see what or how to convert x86 to arm so I can run msg app.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Convert what? If it's code you have to be able to compile it for ARM CPUs.

They don't supply source code for signal just the library for development. I'm not sure what you would convert since it has to be source.

They don't supply source code for signal just the library for development. I'm not sure what you would convert since it has to be source.
I understand now but can you point me in the direction to do this? Maybe future apps/projects with open code

You can't convert compiled code. If it's possible to get it working on ARM I would ask on signal's forum

You can't convert compiled code. If it's possible to get it working on ARM I would ask on signal's forum
I did reason I'm here, what program is used to do something like this for future.

There isn't. You need the source code and you'd need to compile it for ARM

Taking a step back, what platform are you trying to run Signal on? It should be available on most platforms.

Taking a step back, what platform are you trying to run Signal on? It should be available on most platforms.
Ok I have a surface pro X sq2 proc so I want to know how to convert it. This new surface I got runs on Arm

Last edited:
You'll have to wait until Signal releases a Windows ARM version. Signal source code isn't available.

You'll have to wait until Signal releases a Windows ARM version. Signal source code isn't available.
Yes that I know but how would one go about it? Saying I have the code what would I need?

I've already told you, you compile the code. If you want to understand what that is there is plenty documentation and guides on the basics of software development and compiling code.

I've already told you, you compile the code. If you want to understand what that is there is plenty documentation and guides on the basics of software development and compiling code.
Ok was just looking for something like visual studio etc......

Never tried compiling anything for ARM. It's probably possible but you'd need to consult documentation.

Never tried compiling anything for ARM. It's probably possible but you'd need to consult documentation.
I understand can you point me to docs or programs that would do this please

Ok signal source code is public, can anyone help me and tell me how to compile for Arm

Back