Windows 10 arraging pictures

woof

does any one know why Microsoft makes it impossible to arrange pictures in folder the way I want ? I tried to organize them and they pop back to where I drag them from

Without knowing how you want to arrange them it's difficult to answer your question.

3 of us went on vacation this past summer, after getting back we all uploaded pictures from our cameras to my desk top pc, I want to arrange pictures in order of how we took them but there in 3 different groups

Hi

I'm afraid that the only way I've found to do it is by numbering them.

001 Vacation at the pool.jpg...
002 Vacation Snowboarding.jpg

If you are uploading images from a phone, as my wife does the photos from her phone always come pre-numbered but unfortunately they repeat with each batch, so every new group of images comes through numbered 01, 02, 03 etc.
This forces you to renumber them to place them in the same folder together.

If the photos that you loaded into your computer are separated into groups it may because they are different formats, or numbering systems.

Mike

Last edited:
As said above, you can copy all your photos from your digital camera or digital camera memory card into directories (Groups is the incorrect term as noted). You can use Windows Explorer (File Explorer in W10) to easily accomplish this task in Windows as it's the built-in file management tool. If you don't know how to use this tool, there are plenty of free tutorials that show how to use the tool to move, copy, and arrange files, photos, music, videos, etc. etc. Simply Google it.:wink:

Once you have all your photos in 1 folder or directory; you'll probably have to rename them as the numbers will repeat from your Camera which assigns them automatically. Once you rename them, you can use the Sort feature in Windows/File Explorer tool to arrange them by date taken, name of file, size of photos, etc. etc.

This is not as easy as it seems. I've been teaching Adult classes on how to do this for 10 years. We usually call this type of class a Digital Media class. You can sign up for a low-cost class at your local Community College, Adult School, or Senior Center. Classes range from $15-$99 or so. If you are more of a do-it-yourselfer, pick up a Dummies book online at Amazon or at Barnes & Noble for under $20 that covers Digital Media. It has lots of step-by-step directions and pictures of what we are talking about. Most of the folks here assume this task is Computers 101 but few of my Customers have any idea on how to do this.o_O

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back