Windows 7 As soon as I finish installing windows 7 my computer shutsdown for a half hour to a hour

lget6

The title of the thread says it all. When I finish installing windows 7 on my Gateway MT6451 my computer shuts down and files become corrupted, forcing me to install the OS again with the same problem repeating. So now I am on vista and things are running smoothly but I don't want to be on vista, I paid too much money not to use my windows 7. I thought the issue was the bios, so I reinstall my bios and attempted again, no dice. Next I checked to see if the computer was over heating, so I made sure my fan was running and the temperature of the CPU. Both checked out to be alright. I am wondering though if my cpu is still causing the problem. My motherboard previously had an amd TL-50 cpu in it and I replaced it with a amd MK-36. Both are socket s1's but my TL-50 was a Turion 64 X2 while my MK-36 is a Turion 64. I just don't know what to do. I am tired and lost. Please help me.

Difficult to understand why 7 is causing a problem when vista runs ok - the two are not that far removed from each other. Have you got any unusual or nan-standard devices attached which which might be causing a driver problem? When you say files get corrupted exactly what do you mean and what sympts/error reporting happens?

No unusual devices are connected. After the computer shuts down and I restart it, there is a black screen that comes up saying files are corrupted and so-fourth.

Sounds like either the input medium (dvd) or the output medium (hard drive) has problems. As Vista seems to be running ok it seems the dvd is favourite candidate but then I'd expect errors to be reported during reads on the install. I'd first try running a full hard drive check - goto your hard drive manufacturer's website and download their manufacturer specific software to run a full check.

i think that the problem is in ram .So you have two memories or much more or you have only one?

Sounds like RAM could be causing this, if it's bad or defective it will cause install issues. Sometimes having mixed brands of RAM will also create problems.

Also, double-check the install DVD to be sure it's not scratched and such.

Back
Top Bottom