Windows 7 ataport.sys BSOD

m0niSx

hello, im having a serious trouble with my Windows 7
it started from yesterday, when i start my computer, after about 3 minutes i get a blue screen of death saying that it comes from the "ataport.sys"
ive googled it and found that it may come from a:
- hardware damage
- Outdated driver
- Virus

ive tried removing my Nvidia driver, not working, ive completly removed the graphic card from my PC along with my CD reader, still not working
ive tried a system restore to a date before the crash starts, not working also
im now in Safe Mode, it dosent crash, but whats weird that i dont get any crash dump file in my "Windows/minidumps" folder

here is some infos ive copied from BSOD:

Technical Informations:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x87CBC487, 0x9FF9975C, 0x00000000)
ataport.sys - Address 87CBC487 base at 87CB6000 Datastamp 4a5bbf10

now im thinking its virus, but if it was, should it infect the Safe Mode ?
Does anyone knows why the computer dosent save the crash sump files ? (PS: i've completly uninstalled CCleaner & CleanMem from my PC, and ive done the steps provided by ickymay here: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html
)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
m0niSx:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Does anyone knows why the computer dosent save the crash sump files ?
Please make sure your system is configured to accumulate .dmp files. Follow this link by member "ickymay"
http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html#post140795
Read the other stickies at the Link Removed due to 404 Error regarding acquiring screen shots of your memory using CPU-z and RamMon (save and upload the html file). As well as Captain Jacks SF Diagnotic Tool, be sure to run that as administrator.
Additionally make sure that you have a swapfile / pagefile of sufficient size located on the same drive as your operating system.

Last edited:

Attachments

• mem-1.png
    mem-1.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 825
  • Seven Forums.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 436
  • mem-2.png
    mem-2.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 770
  • mem-3.png
    mem-3.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 731
Technical Informations:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x87CBC487, 0x9FF9975C, 0x00000000)
ataport.sys - Address 87CBC487 base at 87CB6000 Datastamp 4a5bbf10

0x0000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED indicates that a kernel-mode application generated an exception that the error handler did not catch. A very common bug check. To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated.
0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates that a memory access violation occurred.

I would guess this is bad or incompatible ram or some driver is seriously bugging out.

Do it in NORMAL mode (not in safe):
- attach CPUZ memory and CPU tab snips
- RAMMon HTML report

Attach this list also DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

thx for identifying the probleme
im now turning to Normal Mode and doing the CPUZ's & RAMMom analyses
but dosent Restore system to an earlier date retrieves the old drivers ?

Back