Attached monitor: windows keep being moved there + other win7 problems

iMissWinXP

Honorable Member
I have a monitor and a TV. My Monitor is my main display while my TV is my "attached' display. Ive had Win7 for a few days and have a few issues:

Issue 1# Items are sometimes moved to my TV display. Other times ill open them up and they will start out in my TV display (and this is a big headache for programs like Password Agent). This means I either need to go thru the entire process of moving it (tnx for making that harder btw microsoft) or I need to open up my TV (or switch to the HDMI input if im watching tv). How do I fix this? It was a really rare problem on WinXP that mainly only happened when I switched resolutions (because of a game) but this is only day 3 of win7 and im ready to go on a shooting spree :p

Issue 2# In Windows XP I had a single folder shortcut on my attached TV. I only used that particular path for TV. So every time I clicked on it the folder would open on my TV. That way if I didnt have a folder open, I could easily open it up and navigate to where ever. Problem: Win7 decides to make the folder "location" global across all paths and HDDs. So if folder A is in my main monitor, I close it, and open folder B in my TV, it will go to the same location as folder A. Its like I need to re-enable the "remember location for individual folders".

Issue 3# Ive switched the toolbar back to Win7 style. Problem is, if I had a fodler open, firefox open then I open up another folder, its not item #3, it injects itself with the other folders. I like having the ability to move them, but I want them to stay in there open order unless I move them....

Issue 4# Is it possible to get rid of the side bar and get the favourite backs on the folders? I do like that it saves me 1 click, but it takes up extra space...

iMissWinXP

Honorable Member
bump?

Im also starting to lose my patience with the sidebar in folders, it does in fact NOT save me 1 click because it does not auto focus in opened folder (wow, ms, how did you mess that up?).... So, it turns out sidebar = same amount of clicks, just takes up space 100% of the time...

Or what about the bar at the top of the folders with options that im never going to use (burn, organize, get help, etc)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.