Windows 7 audio driver hp

peter2108

hello ! I get 7100 RC version, on my hp pavillon dv9610ef, with sound chipset from Conexant. It doesn't work on the Windows 7 at all, so have to use the WHQL HD audio driver from Windows. Has someone one idea how to ? HP of course cannot answer, as the machine was ready with Vista, and blablabla, Conexant no answer after my mail, so really I don't know where to look then.

just to up it.... Windows Update found the driver from Conexant, installed it automaticaly, it worked one day than again problem and reinstallation (still by Windows) of the WHQL High Definition Windows driver... No ideas as far ?

Could you give the model number of the Conexant driver?

Sorry for all the questions, but........
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also.
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you dual-booting?
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?
Did this occur immediately after install?
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?

Could you give the model number of the Conexant driver? Hello, it's CONEXANT HD2 Smartaudio (this one ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40001-40500/sp40170.exe ) after the WINDOWS UPDATE, but now it's this one automatically run by Windows :pilote c:\windows\system32\drivers\hdaudio.sys (6.1.7100.0, 342,00 Ko (350 208 octets), 22/04/2009 06:15)

Sorry for all the questions, but........ thank you for your help in advance !!!
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also. Quanta 30DA, all other info in my profile
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version? 64 bits
Was it a \"clean\" install or an upgrade? Install w/o formating, before was Vista x64
Are you dual-booting? nope
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft? yes, official French RC 7100 release
Did this occur immediately after install? Yes, it was found by system and installed as it is now, my Conexant drivers worked only 1 day, before Windows decides to reinstall MS driver again.
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem? not at all, in fact quite all sounds work propely, but I have the scratch on every switch on and off and tactile touchpad doesn' react when you make mute the sounds..

Hope it will help, see above, and thanks !

thank you reghakr, I think I saw already this one too, but never installed, as it's for x32 system, I will try and let you know.

Solved !

Hello again, I think I found solution. To resume, I uninstalled the Windows HD AUDIO driver from control panel, than Windows proposed me again the update of Conexant driver, and after again the same circus, driver signature blabla, so driver Conexant half installed and of course, no sound.... So I was looking here and there, and I found this beautiful link Link Removed due to 404 Error installed, run as explained and hoppp ! I got my bloody driver signed ! All works (hope more than 1 day this time). For all those have the same problem with Windows signature, please download this and enjoy !!!!!!!

Back