Authentication problem

U

Unregistered

After many problems with drivers and drives I successfully installed Vista yesterday and just love it...

But...in the attempts to install it which failed I inadvertently left the default "authenticate online" box ticked. Now that I have a successful installation it won't accept the Product Key, giving me an Error Code: 0X80072EFD. Presumably I have used up the number of attempts I am allowed.

I tried downloading it again using different email details but the server is too smart for that and will only let me order the CD, which is no good if I still can't authenticate it (I assume it will still have the same Product Key...)

Only have twelve days left now...can anyone help, please!

Max

U

Unregistered

This appears now to be an access issue to the authenticating server.
Although I can access most of my websites, one in particular, Google, just won't load whereas XP has no trouble with it.

All very puzzling...

Max

Khan

You're right that is very puzzling. have you tried to get any of the Vista Updates? What build are you using? --- NOTE: the product Key for Vista is good for 10 different computers. Once you Auth one... you can auth it as many times as you need to, just like XP.

Many thanks Khan, but I am delighted to say on this Sunday afternoon that the authentication worked perfectly! Must have been some server problems yesterday.

I am so pleased, can have lots of fun now exploring this delightful new program...

Max

Khan

Thrilled to hear it Max. Welcome to our happy club of Vista Users!!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.