Windows 7 Automated form-filling

Commander_Cool

I spend quite some time on the web, much of which is taken up by filling out forms with name, address etc.
Is there any software that can automate this chore?

Thank you!

Hello, Commander_Cool

Here's a couple of handy programs, the first two are free and the third is a free trial:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Auto fill forms | Automatic form filler (filling) software

Cheers, Mitchell.
Hi there Mitch, my Main Man, thank you for your swift, comprehensive reply. That should keep me quiet for...days.

Now, I'm about as old as the Hills of Rome and have been around since DOS 2.0, which I ran on an IBM PC turning @4.77 MHz and with 16 kiB memory.

The machine had two 5 Ă‚ÂĽ" floppy drives, one for the OS, the other for the app. Then came the IBM XT (extended technology) with its 5 MB Seagate HDD, and in '85 or '86 Windows 1.

Windows 1 - Clunky but crude!
Link Removed due to 404 Error
I wish I had saved the installation disks...anyway, what I'm getting at with all this is it's my distinct feeling that the amount of help you get from Windows in regard to the tedious task of filling out forms with the same info (I don't move/change telephone numbers that often) has lessened in later issues of the OS.

If given a choice, I tend to go with built-in facilities and use third-party apps as a last resort. I suspect there is a setting somwhere whithin Windows which, if enabled, could help out with the form-filling thingy.

Any ideas along those lines?
Greetz

Last edited:
Not really,
About the only thing would be AutoFill (or something to that extent) in Internet Explorer, and it simply remembers what you've typed.

Not really,
About the only thing would be AutoFill (or something to that extent) in Internet Explorer, and it simply remembers what you've typed.
Yes Sir, I think I got essentially the same tip at some other forum I posted the question in. The silly (and somewhat disturbing...) thing is: I used to know this, and just plum forgot about it.

Did you ever read "A study in scarlet"? I think it is Conan Doyle's very first Sherlock Holmes story. In it, Holmes proposes a theory to the effect that, somewhere down the line, for every new bit of information you cram into your head, something else inevitably has to go.

As if the 'storage space' were limited (like the ram of a PC) and that therefore you should be careful not to fill this finite space with trifles...perhaps there is something to that after all!

Thanks for your input :cool:

The h*ll of it is I don't use IE, but Firefox. I give IE a wide berth; it's one of the places where Microsofts "helpfulness" really gets in the way of your browsing experience and it's truly irritating - I get the feeling MS doesn't think their users are competent to make desicions on their own, to take calculated risks, sacrificing some little security in exchange for speed and ease, if you get my drift, and it drives me up a wall :mad:

Last edited:
Firefox also has similar functions, if I'm not mistaken, though I haven't used it as I prefer either Chrome or Internet Explorer.

But check out the addons for Firefox, as they're is more than likely a couple of good ones for form filling
www.addons.mozilla.org

No doubt there's some great ones in there.
No worries, I look forward to helping you again ;)
After all, you are my main man.

No doubt there's some great ones in there.
No worries, I look forward to helping you again ;)
After all, you are my main man.
Sounds good, thx! Yes, there is a bunch of add-ons @ Mozilla - I decided to run RoboForm up the flagpole, see if it flies.
If that don't do it, there are several more.
Stay extra loose :cool:

Back