Windows 10 Automatic Update

Thanks, Joe, I was pretty much aware of what the article mentions. But there is not way to predict how Microsoft will use its power over your system. And I still believe it will be after the first year before we see Microsoft start to flex some of that new muscle..

I am trying to keep an open mind and hoping these changes will lead to bigger and better things for the users, but the experience with Windows 8 makes that very difficult.

I do think Microsoft should include a free pair of Hololens glasses with each free upgrade.. ;)

The author is a private contributor.
I am not clear about this
"Windows 7 and 8 users are now prompted to get Windows 10,This is a 3GB download and it will sit dormant on your PC until its official July 29th release date. "
I have not seen anything to verify that. Although I have accepted on a couple of computers, I have no such "dormant" download sitting there. I would certainly know, if it happened, and it would remain within my power to stop it or delete it.

IMHO, MS, having written the original code, Probably have the means to se what is on your computer anyway, assuming a legally activated OS. They have all the details required.
I have, like many of us, acquaintances, using software from various sources, (often in the games department),. These programs have far more dangerous implications than MS looking over my shoulder.
In my case, by mutual agreement, they have had this privilege for many years. I have had no reasons to fear or regret this. Ditto anyone on the insider program.

Back
Top Bottom