Windows 7 Avatar Demo

Just thought I'd take some screenies.... I forgot to mention, this is in DX10 although an option to run in DX9 is also present..

Last edited:
Yea i watched the Video review on Gametrailers.com the other day...seems pretty decent, unlike nearly all licenced games they tend to be quite average or bolted together to cash in on what looks like an awesome movie in this case from my favourite Geordie director. From the review it looks above the trend thankfully, although I doubt it will come close to being as movie accurateor should I say atmospheric as say Aliens Vs Predator 1 & 2 games are (also from Cameron's movie stables), and hopefully the DX11 Colonial Marine game due feburary from Valve, which looks to be one of the best tie-ins ever.

Maybe we need a poll of the best Tie-ins... my votes would be

1. Star Wars "Jedi Knight" PC series
2. Aliens Vs Predator PC series
3. Goldeneye on the N64
4. Star Wars "X-Wing/Tie fighter" PC series
5. ummm Star Trek online...if it does what it says...lol

Last edited:
Thats sounds interesting...The colonial marine thing... Do you have any more info on that?

I know what you mean about tie ins and how awful they can be although I must say it does look like someone has at least tried with the above.. (I still wouldn't buy it though unless it was reduced)

Take a butchers there, have your sex lube and tissues handy, looks like i was slightly wrong...this is AvP 3, from the looks of it Valves version "Colonial marines" got mothballed for later in the year presumbly to release when "Robert Rodriges's" series reboot movie "Predators" comes out late 2010...featuring a cameo role from Arnie as Dutch no less, either way its looking like an awesome game

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/marines-trailer-aliens-vs/53511

Aliens vs. Predator is an entirely new title for PC and high-definition consoles from acclaimed British developer Rebellion, the team behind the 1999 original PC gaming classic.

Bringing the most intense war between two of science-fiction’s most popular characters FPS fans, AvP delivers three outstanding single player campaigns and provides untold hours of unique 3-way multiplayer gaming.

Experience distinctly new and thrilling first person gameplay as you survive, hunt and prey in the deadly jungles and swamps surrounding the damned colony of Freya’s Prospect.

- As the Marine, you’ll experience a claustrophobic and terrifying experience where light is your friend, but there’s never enough. However, the United States Marine Corps are humanity’s last line of defence, and as such they are armed to the teeth with the very latest in high explosive and automatic weaponry.

- As the Predator, you will stalk from the shadows and from above, passing athletically through the treetops to ambush your victims. Although equipped with an array of powerful, exotic weapons and tracking equipment, honour ultimately dictates that you must get in close and take your trophies face to face.

- As the most deadly species in the universe, the Alien offers you the chance to play as the very stuff of nightmares - the monster in the dark swarming forward with countless others, jaws like a steel trap and claws like blades.

- Play all sides off against each other in a series of unique 3-way online modes and go tooth-to-claw-to-pulse rifle in the reinvention of one of multiplayer gaming’s defining moments.

Last edited:
Nice one, I've seen the clip before and it does look well intense.. It's not long before I get my hands on fallout 3..glee! Then in Jan/Feb I'm upgrading PSU and graphics solution so c'mon 2010!

Yea I had planned to upgrade the GPU in mine in January but decided to buy a 1080p camcorder instead, as I'm quite happy to wait for the price wars once Nvidia gets it's new product out on shelves.

Well actually thats why I'm waiting.. I know the fermi is scheduled for jan/feb release so depending on which is the better card and of course prices, I, like you will make my choice then..

Back