Windows 7 AVG Anti-Virus

sparker781

Well here it is in a nutshell. I installed AVG and everything went smoothly. For me and I have read other posts that when I rebooted and tried to get online to download updates such as dat files for the virus database....I couldnt. Not sure if this is a known issue. Anyone have any suggestions? I also ran Norton Internet Security for awhile with no issues til earlier today. Similar to what was happening to AVG

Thanks for the response.

i did an install the other day, took another reboot after finishing setup to get downloads to work.

I have AVG Free Edition installed on both the 32 bit and 64 bit editions of Win 7 beta and haven't had any problems getting updates other than the occassional having to get them manually.. but that's not a huge deal, I just open the control panel and click update now, then it does it's thing.. I wonder why yours if giving so much trouble.... perhaps you have a virus that is preventing you from getting them?? I've been using AVG Free for a few years now and never had any problems like this, that's why I'm suggesting maybe a virus is the cause of your problem... ;)

I heard the malware "Antivirus XP 2008/2009" can cause that problem. Try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is currently one of the most effective malware removers.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I too have been using AVG for a couple of years and I have noticed a on and off problem with the auto updater. Like Radenight, I have to manually update because I get a "Failed to connect to AVG's Server" error mesage. But I was getting that same error on my XP side. Still it works fine and that's a minor annoyance for a free program.

Back
Top Bottom