Windows Vista AVG Antivirus

AVG is the biggest pile of garbage to stink up pcs ever. It brings in viruses never mind stops them. I got a virus on my old one from avg. My husbands vista laptop is not working right because avg let a virus in or downloaded one. It is pathetic and dangerous! Avoid it unless you want to damage your pc! Get Avast instead. Does everything, easy to use and never causes problems.

Last edited:
AVG is the biggest pile of garbage to stink up pcs ever. It brings in viruses never mind stops them. I got a virus on my old one from avg. My husbands vista laptop is not working right because avg let a virus in or downloaded one. It is pathetic and dangerous! Avoid it unless you want to damage your pc! Get Avast instead. Does everything, easy to use and never causes problems.

You have expressed an opinion only and not based on logic..
It is a poor workman / woman who blames their tool.

A lot of people use AVG Anti Virus {free or paid}
AVG {paid} has been been used here successfully on 3 laptops over many years.
All 3 computers have NEVER been compromised in any way.
AVG will continue to be used.

Why does AVG have such low detection rates.?.At av test.org and av comparitives it shows that AVG has just got worse over the years and it seems to be awfully bloated.
My recommendation would be avast as it offers far more protection and is far lighter.:p

Back