Windows 7 Background Beep

lartomar2002

When playing videos I hear a background beep in intervals of approx. 50-60 sec.. I have turned off all of window's sounds.
SOLVED

Last edited:
Hi,

It could be your motherboard bios sending the beeping to the mb speaker.
It could be a warning that the mb temprature has got to a certain point or the like. Check your bios pc health settings.

Basher

Hi,

It could be your motherboard bios sending the beeping to the mb speaker.
It could be a warning that the mb temprature has got to a certain point or the like. Check your bios pc health settings.

Basher

Hi Basher, I'm a noob on this subject. could you tell how to access by bios pc health settings and what should they be? I have Speccy and SIW. I checked the temperature with those two programs and they all seemed within proper range.

Last edited:
Hi Basher, I'm a noob on this subject. could you tell how to access by bios pc health settings and what should they be? I have Speccy and SIW. I checked the temperature with those two programs and they all seemed within proper range.

They probably are ok - it just might be that the warning threshhold is to low.

To get into your bios you will normally press Del or a function key, F2 for instance, to get into your bios. There is usualy a message at the bottom of the screen when you first start up your pc/laptop that says to press a key to get into it. Once in look for domething that mentions the temprature of the chip and board and see there what the warning (if there is one) is set at. Do not change anything else if you are not sure what it is changing as it could cause other problems with the computer.

Appart from that I couldn't help you with the beeps if there is nothing in the bios.

Found this on ehow.com on how to access bios...

Press the proper function key when you see the HP Invent logo. There are many different versions of the HP Pavilion, and the function key that allows entry to the BIOS varies by version. Common Pavilion BIOS-access keys are F1, F2, F8, F10, F12 or even Escape. Try F1 first, and if it doesn't work, try the other options until you access the BIOS.
Basher

They probably are ok - it just might be that the warning threshhold is to low.

To get into your bios you will normally press Del or a function key, F2 for instance, to get into your bios. There is usualy a message at the bottom of the screen when you first start up your pc/laptop that says to press a key to get into it. Once in look for domething that mentions the temprature of the chip and board and see there what the warning (if there is one) is set at. Do not change anything else if you are not sure what it is changing as it could cause other problems with the computer.

Appart from that I couldn't help you with the beeps if there is nothing in the bios.

Found this on ehow.com on how to access bios...

Press the proper function key when you see the HP Invent logo. There are many different versions of the HP Pavilion, and the function key that allows entry to the BIOS varies by version. Common Pavilion BIOS-access keys are F1, F2, F8, F10, F12 or even Escape. Try F1 first, and if it doesn't work, try the other options until you access the BIOS.
Basher
Thanks for all of your help Basher the problem has been solved. it was not the hardware it was software that had a setting i was not aware.

Your perfectly welcome - I am pleased it is sorted out. It might be a good idea to post how you sorted it out for other people who might come accros the same problem can find the solution :)

Basher

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. The program was Bitmeter, it measures download and upload (this includes info sent to networked devices) usage. There is a setting that produces a beep when you are exceeding the parameters you set in the GUI settings. I had chosen to low of a setting.

Back