Without making a comment on Bullguard as an Antivirus, I would be suspicious and suggest you not even think about removing any registry entries with it. There is nothing to clean in a registry and nothing to remove with utilities scanning it but a lot that can really do damage to Windows.

My guess is any entries showing Windows Defender might me emptying the Quarantine in WD, a common thing many Anti Malware programs do and claim they found infections.

The processes you are showing and Performance items are actually quite normal for a working system and I would never suggest monkeying with any of those. Can you picture startup please or simply list what is running in that which is in the background and we can guide you there as to what is necessary and what isn't.

You cannot use Windows Defender while Bullguard is active in Windows, that is why WD shut itself off, and you should never run two antivirus programs as they will slow system to a crawl. That does not apply to AntiMalware programs simply Antivirus programs.
What I would suggest is you uninstall Bullguard which should return WD to active staus and then go to the eset Online Scan, which most believe is one of the best out there and see what that finds.
Free Virus Scan | ESET Online Scanner | ESET

Hi @RichM Good advise! It looks like the OP has two threads going about this same issue. Was waiting for staff to address this.
Here's the other thread that seems to be having the same issue and the same OP??? See what you think, if they are the same??The OP has 27 total messages on two different threads!
Windows 10 - Background Processes

Last edited:
Hi @RichM I'll leave that up to you. You have the experience! I did report one reply where that same OP used the F bomb, but the reply is still live!
I gave up. This is a different kind of help forum, so I really don't know what's going on?:)
Maybe I can stay here for awhile without getting the ban hammer! :rofl:They are very lenient!

if you look at the titles they started out as two completely different topics. They just ended up being about the same thing as the conversations progressed.

Holdum333: I find it pretty pathetic tbh that you went out of your way again to try and get some sort of punishment against me for supposedly having two topics the same, instead of offering some kind of help. I ignored you two days ago when you brought it up but here you are again bringing it up again as a response to someone helping me, and trying to get others to report me.

Thanks for the help and advice RichM by the way I'll try that test, even though you reported me for nothing :(

The processes you are showing and Performance items are actually quite normal for a working system and I would never suggest monkeying with any of those. Can you picture startup please or simply list what is running in that which is in the background and we can guide you there as to what is necessary and what isn't.

Unfortunately I already removed those 500 broken registry keys. Last few days I occasionally get a network attack: port scan pop up, or a blocked website...both are blocked by bullguard. Bullguard came back with nothing on AV scan, and so did Adwcleaner, Anti-Malwarebytes, hitmanpro, zemana, junkwareremovaltool so I uninstalled them all and am now just left with bullguard....which seems to be doing a good job at blocking the occasional browser redirects and "network attack: port scan" pop ups. Even if there are no threats present now that doesn't mean that no damage has been done alteady by previous threats. I just have a feeling something has been messed up with this laptop long before I deleted those 500 broken registry keys. The main ones being....

1) weird flushing/waves sound coming from inside laptop every minute or so whilst playing FFXI
2) weird blurriness, black flickering while playing ffxi
3) random crashes while playing ffxi

We are only trying to help you! I have no more to say. I have tried to help you sense day one. I'm not trying to get you in trouble.
I just wanted @RichM to know you had two threads with basically the same issue. I have given you the best advise I knew.
I will not reply any more on either thread!
I wish you the best!

They are very lenient!

If anyone is under the illusion that we are 'lenient' then simply try rocking the boat and see how long you last.

If a user is stressed out and uses the F word once or twice then of course we take notice but neither do we over react. We all from time to time vent our frustration and as long as it's not in every post then we will allow it. (that doesn't mean to say we condone it either)

Double posting. In this instance the user did not set out to double post and in these type of cases we treat it on an individual nature. If it makes sense to merge the threads or the op specifically asks us then of course we'll do it.

Now of course we will not be giving a breakdown on every decision that's made but as we have some newly joined folk it seemed appropriate.
Enjoy the forum.. :)

Double posting. In this instance the user did not set out to double post and in these type of cases we treat it on an individual nature. If it makes sense to merge the threads or the op specifically asks us then of course we'll do it.
I have never said the OP set out to double post. I only brought this to the attention of @RichM . @RichM and I have shared our thoughts on many help forums. I never tried to get the OP in trouble and only tried to offer what I thought was good advise, as @RichM has done also.
Yes we do have some very smart new folk that have joined the forum and I'm the one that invited some of them them to join.
Thank you for your reply and clearing up the way the forum deals with these issues.;) This is quite different to what @Rich and I'm use to.
Us newly join folk appreciate the explanation!:up::worship::worship:
PS I hope I'm not rocking the boat!:D

The post i just made did not mention anyone specific and is just general guide. Now let's get back to the topic of the thread.

Is this thread closed??Tried to reply and got this. N/P. Just asking!
Capture48.JPG

Good move, Ross. I think even better would be to delete thew entire thread and let Nezkeys start again with a new one. The current one has become incomprehensible.

It has got a little messy although I'm not entirely sure it's worth removing.

I think there is a big misunderstanding here about the word "report" and that that means someone gets into trouble. The main reason to merge threads is to prevent excess energy wasted and responders getting annoyed, not to get anyone in trouble. Reporting it allows management to look at it and make the decision is all. Good move kemical there is a lot of value in this thread and to ask the user to restart it denies whatever progress has been made thus far.

Back