Windows 7 Backup Image?

PcBoyGeorge

What exactly is a backup image for windows 7. I hear it being talked about. Is it like a huge backup so not just files but the whole system. So like i could take a image of my laptop and put that image on a completly new laptop. Does it like copy the whole hard drive?

The Windows 7 Image Backup Tool is used as an alternative to programs like "Acronis True Image" and "Macrium Reflect".. ;) It allows the user to create an image (clone) backup of drives.. It does have a few limitations but the average Win 7 user will find it very useful.. :) You can include/exclude any drive (s) you would like in the image but keep in mind that the drive that Windows is installed on will always be included in the image and you cannot include the drive that you are saving the backup to.. (hence the limitations ;) )

When you have completed the burning process you'll be prompted with the option to create a recovery disk which allows you to restore the created image using the bootable recovery disk at a later date.. :)

Hopefully this answers your question PCBoyGeorge...

Back