Windows 7 backup software

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
I was using windows 7 backup feature for my system image backups. The problem I'm having is that each time it created an image backup to my (E drive -320 Gb, set to back up daily, my hard drive space kept getting smaller. A 320 gb drive reads at 298 gb then the backup created would be between 70 and 75 gb leaving a net space of 224 gb free. Then at the next backup it then net free space kept shrinking, at one point all the down to 185 gb free. Nothing new added and system is the same. So why the discrepancy in numbers. So I switched to Seagate's free version of Acronis. I done my first backup with this software today. My problem is; I can't find out how to set it up for daily, weekly or monthly backups like in the windows version. If any body else is using this software, is there a problem with the backups eating up the net free space.

Go to windows 7 Backup Restore then look for Manage space see image
303b4vt.jpg

Click it on then go to system image click on change settings and change it to keep only the latest Image this will stop it from using up disc space as only the latest image is kept

I meant the scheduler for Acronis not in windows. I all ready use windows 7 backup and very familiar with it. I cant seem to find how to set up the scheduler in Acronis.

You might have set the non-stop backup for Acronis, I suggest you delete the old backup files and backup again using full or incremental backup and schedule the backup as you want.

There's a discussion in this link
Link Removed - Not Found

I am not sure in your situation but as far as whether you are doing image backups or file backups, make sure the backup is not including the files already on the external drive to add to your backups.

I was using windows 7 backup feature for my system image backups. The problem I'm having is that each time it created an image backup to my (E drive -320 Gb, set to back up daily, my hard drive space kept getting smaller. A 320 gb drive reads at 298 gb then the backup created would be between 70 and 75 gb leaving a net space of 224 gb free. Then at the next backup it then net free space kept shrinking, at one point all the down to 185 gb free. Nothing new added and system is the same. So why the discrepancy in numbers. So I switched to Seagate's free version of Acronis. I done my first backup with this software today. My problem is; I can't find out how to set it up for daily, weekly or monthly backups like in the windows version. If any body else is using this software, is there a problem with the backups eating up the net free space.

There is no scheduling in the Seagate backup.

I recommend Handy Backup, it's easy and reliable backup software with scheduler (compatible with Windows 7), and works great...

Handy Backup 6.7 - Data Backup to DVD, CD, FTP, Network, Online. Enterprise Backup Software

Back