Windows 10 BACKUP

Curious

Extraordinary Member
Dear Guys,

I try to use BACKUP that comes with Windows 10.
The BACKUP works well but i have some difficulties using the customization.
- When i want to exclude folders from Backup, sometimes it works (the folder that i excluded appear in the list), and sometime does not appear.
Question: What is the rule that i must use to appear always the library that i want to exclude?

This question is because i can´t customize the folders that i want to backup because when i start BACKUP
(Start >> Windows Update >> Backup) it appears always the same default folders to make backup, and is not user friendly remove what i don´t want before starting the Backup.

The solution is insert them in "Excluded folders" but as i said before it doesn´t work as i want.

Thanks very much for your replies and good work for evrybody

Curious

From the defaults, just click on one of the folders you don't want backed up and click "Remove". This should prevent File History from backing it up. Also, the Windows backup has never truly been, you might say, a full featured backup option. If you want to really make sure your entire system is backed up, you should use an additional (preferably external) disk drive, and perform an image backup using a solution like Acronis. There just aren't many options with File History for it to be very viable, other than that it may protect your important documents, but not much more than using OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox would.

From the defaults, just click on one of the folders you don't want backed up and click "Remove". This should prevent File History from backing it up. Also, the Windows backup has never truly been, you might say, a full featured backup option. If you want to really make sure your entire system is backed up, you should use an additional (preferably external) disk drive, and perform an image backup using a solution like Acronis. There just aren't many options with File History for it to be very viable, other than that it may protect your important documents, but not much more than using OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox would.
Thanks Mike for your answer. I understand what you say.
But i used too the feature of backup "Backup and Restore (Windows7)" and really it works very well.
I can customize what i want to backup. Very good and it is possible too, as you know, i´m sure, to make an image of the system, to restore later if it crashes.
This feature was removed with windows 8 and 8.1 and was included again in windows 10. My question is:
Why this happens !!!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Curious from Portugal

Back