Windows 7 Bad RAM

03hdfatboy

Banned
For those of you that has followed my PSU and MoBo issues then this will come to no surprise, I have also found 3 bad sticks of RAM.
When I bought this RAM last Apr it was about $440 for 2 Gb and can now be bought at newegg for $109 after rebate. :eek:
Any way I've filled out the RMA form at Corsair's site so I can get it replaced. :rolleyes:

Whats next :confused: is flames gonna start shooting out of my DVD drives? LOL

Don't start with the prices..... If I bought my rig now it would cost half of what it first did!

Bad news : I ran MemTest86 and 3 outta 4 sticks failed. :frown:
Good news : Now I know what was causing my stability issues. :)
Bad news : I can't send just the 3 bad sticks back I have to send back all 4 and I don't have any to use until they come back :frown:

Wow... sorry to hear about that.. This pc really has been through the ringer! Lets hope you've finally cracked it...

I took the RAM outta my old PC It's a lil slower but it does pass MemTest86 w/ no errors. :) I'm gonna RMA the Corsair
I Reformatted my HD and reinstalled Vista Again. Probably the smoothest install I've ever had :rolleyes:
Luckily my Old P5GDC-V-Deluxe in my old PC can handle DDR1 and DDR2 because I had 2 512 sticks of it in my desk drawer :D

I hear that Corsair is good about not taking too long so maybe I'll have it back by next week.
Apparently my RAM has been bad for quite some time because this Vista & SP1 went without the first glitch no bluescreen no freeze ups no nothing! :eek: I'm still in shock LOL

Memory is Discontinued so they offered me 4Gb of ddr3 or 4gb of ddr2 w fsb of 1066 or a refund...I told 'em I'd take the refund :D when I bought my ram it was nearly $900 So I can buy... a new Video card, and 8Gb of Mushkin :cool:
To top it all off I get to take one of my 2 V/C and put in Fran-n-stine (my older PC) and the other I'll put in my Wife's PC. PS: this is what I had in mind when I built hers' so it worked out well just a lil' sooner than I expected. Another plus sense I'll be removing my secondary V/C that BLOCKS :mad: one of my pci slots I can install my SB audigy2 zs gamer and stop using the on board one. :D

Good News

Just got off the phone with Corsair and Was told I would get a check in the mail 10-14 days for a full refund. I wish It wouldn't take so long. :frown: Maybe the price on the V/C will come down by then :rolleyes:

I got an e-mail last night to confirm the RMA status and it says 10-20 business days :( That could take a month :eek:

At least they're honouring the deal though fatboy... I like Corsair RAM anyway but they've really done you proud on this one..

Yeah and I don't mind the wait it's not like I'm without a PC :rolleyes:
And I should be getting used to having to wait on getting my PC straightened out Link Removed - Invalid URL

Well if it's in between a 28day return thats nots soo bad but what did they actually say regarding turn around times?

Back
Top Bottom