Windows 10 BAD_POOL_HEADER Error

D9001

Hi

For the last couple of weeks my computer has been crashing giving me a "Bad_Pool_Header" error message. I have looked on line and tried updating drivers, ran sfc/scannow. but the problem is still present.
I'm hoping that you can guide through solving this very annoying issue.

Because I'm a new member I'm not aloud to link to the mini dump files on dropbox :(

My pc specs are:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (11-11-11-28)
G2460 (1920x1080@60Hz)
G2460 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (ATI AIB)
232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C
Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

Hi Dave,
try sending me a personal message or try posting them again as I think you can post a link on the second post.

Hi, I get the following message when I try to post or send a message with a link.

The following error occurred:
Sorry, you were not able to save since the content contained a link

For this Profile Post, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements

Minimum Requirements
The number of posts you have created must exceed: 1 (Yours: 1)
The number of Likes you've received must exceed: -1 (Yours: 0)
The Like:post Ratio must exceed: -1% (Yours: 0%)
The number of days you have been registered must exceed: -1 (Yours: 0)

Thanks Dave I have them. Gimme roughly 20-40mins and I'll post back with some results. :)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {20, ffffe000d3b632b0, ffffe000d3b632d0, 402000e}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+1dd )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Dave,
all nine dump files were exactly the same as the above. Bugcheck 19 means a corrupt 'Pool Header' which relates to memory allocation and is usually caused by Device drivers.
I can see that in the 'Stack Text' (a kind of blow by blow account of the last sub routines which were running) that Malwarebytes was involved and may even be the direct cause.
Please uninstall Malwarebytes and see if the bsod stops.

I see your running Bitdefender as well as something called WIBU BOX? If the bsod continues please remove both of these applications (you can always re-install later) and just use the onboard Defender as this is ultra stable.

If this still fails to stop the bsod then we may have to use the driver verifier. You will need to create a Recovery Disk/USB in case you need to boot into safe mode but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

HECIx64.sys Thu Sep 22 17:38:44 2011: Intel Management Engine driver. This is quite an important driver and needs updating. I checked your motherboard support page and no chipset drivers were found in win 10 section. You will find a later (2013) version if you check in the Windows 8 section.
Support For Z68A-GD55 (G3) | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

Post any new dump files.

Hi

Thank you for your help and speedy response.
The WIBU BOX is for the licence key for my cam software so I would be unable to remove it.
Would it work if I stopped Malwarebytes from starting with Windows and used it on demand rather than removing it?

Thank again

Dave

Would it work if I stopped Malwarebytes from starting with Windows and used it on demand rather than removing it?
You could always give it a try although if i remember correctly it was dated from 2014 so it might be worth removing entirely (if stopping it doesn't work of course) and installing a fresh version. See how you go anyway and try stopping it first.

Back