Windows 10 BAD_POOL_HEADER

StriderX0100

Hi.
So I have been having issues with my computer crashing and displaying the BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER for a few weeks now. Have tried a few solutions I found online but non of them worked. I've tried other memory and also changed motherboard & cpu. I've run tests on the ssd and hhd as well. I've uploaded the dump files and other reports made by the Sysnative program. If anyone can help me find a solution for the issue it would be appreciated. Also let me know if I need to provide more info, I believe the reports also contain the pc's specs.

Attachments

• SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 507
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for networx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for networx.sys
Probably caused by : tdx.sys ( tdx!TdxSendDatagramTransportAddress+420 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
tdx.sys is a Windows driver which could mean something else is causing it to crash. Looking through the dump files networx.sys appears time and again, it also appears in the call stack which is a pretty good indication of the culprit:
networx.sys Wed Jul 23 14:03:28 2014: Free bandwidth monitoring please update or remove:
NetWorx : bandwidth monitor, connection speed test & traffic usage log

I tried to find a driver support page in vain:
System Manufacturer: Mustek6376MST6376
System Model: Q87M-D2HM
System Type: x64-based PC
It's either a Gigabyte motherboard or a laptop from it's serial numbers. If you can advise as to which it is would be great.

If the bsod continues then please remove Avast and post any new dump files.

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

While we're waiting for one of our Dump Analysis experts to look at your Dump files, I have some questions on your setup.

The first thing is that we'll need the EXACT Make/Model of your PSU (Power Supply) and it's Wattage. That's not covered by the SysNative diagnostic nor any others I've seen out there. It's also the most likely cause of the problem you have, given that you've tested your hardware (so you say) and swapped out both Motherboard and Hard Drives. You didn't mention testing or swapping the PSU, and that leads me to believe you tested the new Mobo in the same case with the same PSU you had before. Since we don't know the type or quality of the PSU, that's going to be the top suspect in your BSOD failure until we can prove otherwise.

Next, comes the big one all your specs show that you are running 3 hard drives, 1 SSD bootdrive and 2-additional 1TB mechanical drives. How did you test those drives, and exactly what diagnostic did you use to test them? More importantly, why are you attempting to troubleshoot your PC with 3 hard drives all simultaneously connected? :headache: That makes no sense. You must disconnect the 2 secondary mechanical drives and remove them from your PC. TEST ONLY THE SSD BOOTDRIVE!! What result did you get? If the SSD only configuration now abates the BSOD from occurring, that would say that one of your 2 secondary mechanical drives has failed. You should test them both using diags we recommend. If one or both of them fail, you should backup what you can from them and replace them! :waah:
Here's the testing link for the hard drives: HARD DRIVE DIAGNOSTICS: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Next, you didn't tell us how you tested your RAM sticks and what program you used to do that. Since you didn't change those out either, you'll need to test them with a diagnostic we recommend, MEMTEST for a minimum of 8 passes. This can take from 8-24 hrs. or more. Here's that link: MEMORY DIAGNOSTICS:
Memory Diagnostics

Once we have your PSU specs we can make a guestimate as to whether or not it could be the cause of your problem. If it's a poor quality make, we'll suggest some recommended brands to replace it with. And, here's the full troubleshooting document that covers the 2 hardware testing links and software troubleshooting and repairs that you may need to follow depending on what we find with your Dump file:
Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar
Take a look at my POST #6 there under BIGBEARJEDI. I'd also suggest that you print out this document as it's 6-8 pages in length. If your PC is not stable enough to do this, print it out on a friend's computer, or at a Library or University and have it in front of you while you are trying to fix your problem.

Post back that information, and we'll get back to you shortly.
Best,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I would agree with Kemical. This looks like the networx network filter driver is causing the issue. It appears to be stuck which is causing the DPC timeout which induces the BSOD.

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

While we're waiting for one of our Dump Analysis experts to look at your Dump files, I have some questions on your setup.

The first thing is that we'll need the EXACT Make/Model of your PSU (Power Supply) and it's Wattage. That's not covered by the SysNative diagnostic nor any others I've seen out there. It's also the most likely cause of the problem you have, given that you've tested your hardware (so you say) and swapped out both Motherboard and Hard Drives. You didn't mention testing or swapping the PSU, and that leads me to believe you tested the new Mobo in the same case with the same PSU you had before. Since we don't know the type or quality of the PSU, that's going to be the top suspect in your BSOD failure until we can prove otherwise.

Next, comes the big one all your specs show that you are running 3 hard drives, 1 SSD bootdrive and 2-additional 1TB mechanical drives. How did you test those drives, and exactly what diagnostic did you use to test them? More importantly, why are you attempting to troubleshoot your PC with 3 hard drives all simultaneously connected? :headache: That makes no sense. You must disconnect the 2 secondary mechanical drives and remove them from your PC. TEST ONLY THE SSD BOOTDRIVE!! What result did you get? If the SSD only configuration now abates the BSOD from occurring, that would say that one of your 2 secondary mechanical drives has failed. You should test them both using diags we recommend. If one or both of them fail, you should backup what you can from them and replace them! :waah:
Here's the testing link for the hard drives: HARD DRIVE DIAGNOSTICS: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Next, you didn't tell us how you tested your RAM sticks and what program you used to do that. Since you didn't change those out either, you'll need to test them with a diagnostic we recommend, MEMTEST for a minimum of 8 passes. This can take from 8-24 hrs. or more. Here's that link: MEMORY DIAGNOSTICS:
Memory Diagnostics

Once we have your PSU specs we can make a guestimate as to whether or not it could be the cause of your problem. If it's a poor quality make, we'll suggest some recommended brands to replace it with. And, here's the full troubleshooting document that covers the 2 hardware testing links and software troubleshooting and repairs that you may need to follow depending on what we find with your Dump file:
Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar
Take a look at my POST #6 there under BIGBEARJEDI. I'd also suggest that you print out this document as it's 6-8 pages in length. If your PC is not stable enough to do this, print it out on a friend's computer, or at a Library or University and have it in front of you while you are trying to fix your problem.

Post back that information, and we'll get back to you shortly.
Best,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>
I didn't see anything in the dump files relating to HDD errors nor Memory errors.

The culprit as already mentioned appeared in the CALL STACK and so there is no need at this point for all the above testing.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for networx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for networx.sys
Probably caused by : tdx.sys ( tdx!TdxSendDatagramTransportAddress+420 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
tdx.sys is a Windows driver which could mean something else is causing it to crash. Looking through the dump files networx.sys appears time and again, it also appears in the call stack which is a pretty good indication of the culprit:
networx.sys Wed Jul 23 14:03:28 2014: Free bandwidth monitoring please update or remove:
NetWorx : bandwidth monitor, connection speed test & traffic usage log

I tried to find a driver support page in vain:
System Type: x64-based PC
It's either a Gigabyte motherboard or a laptop from it's serial numbers. If you can advise as to which it is would be great.

If the bsod continues then please remove Avast and post any new dump files.
I have the latest version of networx, but I'll uninstall and check if the issue persists. The motherboard is a Gigabyte.

I have the latest version of networx, but I'll uninstall and check if the issue persists. The motherboard is a Gigabyte.
Thanks for the update Strider.

So it is a Gigabyte motherboard after all.. Ok when i viewed your dxdiag under system manufacturer it say's this:
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/13/2016, 21:02:18
Machine name: DESKTOP-QD8R8N5
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160630-1736)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
BIOS: F1 MS
Mustek6376MST6376 = A Google search reveals this to be part of a 'DriverPack solution'
Drivers Mustek6376MST6376 - Download << DriverPack Solution

These 'DriverPacks' are simply bad news and should be avoided all costs. I'm pretty sure your motherboard is this:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Q87M-D2H (rev. 1.x)
Please double check that this is your actual motherboard. If it is then I'd go through each driver from the windows 10 driver section (apart from the SATA preinstall driver) and update your machine.

I also saw dump files blaming the gpu driver so please use the DDU or Display Driver Uninstaller to not only remove the driver but to clean it out from previous driver installs. You'll need to boot into safe mode to use the DDU correctly:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.1.0.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Install the latest driver:
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Release Notes

Finally it appears your Bios is first release and in need of updating. If your unsure of the process then leave well alone until someone with experience can do it for you.

Almost forgot to add.. Please run Malwarebytes:
Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

Thanks for the update Strider.

So it is a Gigabyte motherboard after all.. Ok when i viewed your dxdiag under system manufacturer it say's this:

Mustek6376MST6376 = A Google search reveals this to be part of a 'DriverPack solution'
Drivers Mustek6376MST6376 - Download << DriverPack Solution

These 'DriverPacks' are simply bad news and should be avoided all costs. I'm pretty sure your motherboard is this:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Q87M-D2H (rev. 1.x)
Please double check that this is your actual motherboard. If it is then I'd go through each driver from the windows 10 driver section (apart from the SATA preinstall driver) and update your machine.

I also saw dump files blaming the gpu driver so please use the DDU or Display Driver Uninstaller to not only remove the driver but to clean it out from previous driver installs. You'll need to boot into safe mode to use the DDU correctly:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.1.0.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Install the latest driver:
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Release Notes

Finally it appears your Bios is first release and in need of updating. If your unsure of the process then leave well alone until someone with experience can do it for you.

Almost forgot to add.. Please run Malwarebytes:
Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software
Hi. I uninstalled networx and the computer hasn't crashed since. What's weird though is that the computer crashed multiple times while I'm playing a game and not connected to any networks.. How does a program that monitors network usage cause this? I will update all the drivers and run malwarebytes just in case as well.
Thanks for all the help..

How does a program that monitors network usage cause this?
It may have become corrupted and doing things it shouldn't and besides the game might not be using the network but windows 10 surely will. Probably in order to send a report back or some such

Good luck and please post back with any further updates.

Back