Windows 7 Bandwidth or Traffic Shaping

OSIAS

Honorable Member
Hola,

For Win XP Pro I was using Traffic Shaper XP, its free and as long as installed on each individual machine and setup properly I can limit each PC on my networks bandwidth usage at any given time. It just runs in the background. Dont get me wrong I have like a T2 Down stream and a T1 Upstream but with around 12 boxes on the network and someone decides to download something it hoses everyone else.

Anyhow I just recently upgraded to Windows 7 Pro for all these boxes and I can not seem to find any free traffic shaping software out there right now. I find trials and ones for purchase but nothing free that just does a basic over limitation on incoming and outcoming bandwidth on a box by box basis.

Been researching and searching on this for quite some time now. Does anyone know of some traffic or bandidth shaping software for individual pc's that is entirely free for just this purpose?

Plz I have a bunch of tards on this network and without it, my network becomes every man for himself.

Ya I was begining to wonder after so many ppl have read the thread and this being the so to say elite of win 7 forums in tech discussions.

Traffic shaping is very common at a small time software level. The real traffic shaping comes for bigger companies and really starts at the hardware and router level.

Anyhow not seeing anyone respond pretty much tells me the research I have done is accurate and havent missed anything yet.

Which also means eventually something will come out but right now windows 7 is still just to new.

But hey someone plz show me up and prove me wrong.

Your going to laugh when you hear this. After all that research and work and with my netlimiter 3 expiring in 3 days. I said screw it even though Traffic Shaper XP says it doesnt work on Windows 7 or it hasnt been updated to reflect that why not try it. It worked great for Win XP.

Traffic Shaper XP - Freeware Bandwidth Limiter

So I installed it and it works perfectly, no trial its absolutly free and I have not seen any potential side effects.

Back
Top Bottom