Windows 7 Barcode Scanner

seekermeister

Honorable Member
I have a barcode scanner that hasn't given any problems in the past, but now when I connect it to one of my front USB ports, it lights up and pings to indicate that it is working, Windows chimes indicating that it is connected, and when I scan a barcode, it chirps to indicate that it is read, yet the code will not appear in any field of any software as it should.
When I connect it to the other front USB port (which is on the same internal connection), it does work exactly as it should.

If I connect any other USB device to the problem port, it also work as it should. Any ideas as to why one port is a problem and the other isn't?

Last edited:
Have you tried eradicating it from device manager and reinstalling? Which scanner is in question?

As far as I remember, there wasn't anything to install. At least there is nothing in either the Device Manager or in Programs And Features that clearly have any connection to it. It might be in the DM under System Devices or USB, but if it is, it's quite obscure.

It should register itself as a HID device probably under mice/keyboards in Device Manager.

I do have two HID keyboard devices, but I "think" those are a couple of remote controls I have.

EDIT: No, you were correct, one is the scanner.Uninstalling it, then switching connections now works okay. Thanks.

Last edited:
No problem, happy to help :)

Back