Windows 7 Base drivers

FT2593

Hi
I installed win 7 pro recently. I had win vista preloaded on my laptop before .
When i went online to get the base drivers i couldn't find any as there was no win7 on the list .
What do i have to do?

What "base" drivers are you referring to?

If your manufacturer's site does not have Win 7 drivers, they are relying on the included Win 7 drivers, or they are not updating your system for Win 7. You might be able to find specific drivers for your devices on other sites.

Can u pls tell me some links where i may find specific drivers
i hav hp pavilion dv6735ee

It appears HP does not have drivers for Win 7 for your computer. Is there a specific device or something that is not working you need a driver for?

If the Vista drivers are available for some items, you might try those. They may need to be run in compatibility mode, but Vista drivers are normally fairly close.

If you are looking for sound drivers, check that supplier, like Realtek. Possibly Intel for other devices. If you do not know what the devices are, you might check the HP site for you computer and look at the Vista drivers to see if they point to a manufacturer for each device.

Hi
I installed win 7 pro recently. I had win vista preloaded on my laptop before .
When i went online to get the base drivers i couldn't find any as there was no win7 on the list .
What do i have to do?

Hi FT2593,

Most of the answers provided above are great. Usually, the best way to get drivers is by checking on the manufacturer's support site, or by running the Windows Update.

Further, to learn if a hardware (or software) is compatible with Windows 7 Professional, you can go to this page: Search for Windows 7 Compatible Device Drivers & Software Program Updates

I hope this will help you :D

Ahmad AA
Windows 7 Professional Outreach Team

Hi Ahmed AA
ur sugesstion seemed to be the best
it worked
pls no hard feelings to the other guys

thanx and ur effort is appreciated

Back
Top Bottom