Windows 7 Batch renaming - all files disappear but final one

joey joe

This is a disturbing issue to say the least

When I highlight and try to rename any group of photos the result will be the last photo will be renamed w (1) and all other photos in front of it will completed vanish from access on the computer, THEY ARE GONE!

Please advise what must be modified, corrected to stop this from ever happening again. By the way, I have "all permissions" to adjust copy. I consider this a very dangerous issue regarding the integrety of the entire operating system, that this could even be a possible scenario. I am fully aware of all the other disturbing issues Microsoft created during batch renaming..but this a dangerous development. O/S Home Premium 64 bit.

PLEASE ADVISE SOLUTION, THANKS

Last edited:
This is a disturbing issue to say the least

When I highlight and try to rename any group of photos the result will be the last photo will be renamed w (1) and all other photos in front of it will completed vanish from access on the computer, THEY ARE GONE!

Please advise what must be modified, corrected to stop this from ever happening again. By the way, I have "all permissions" to adjust copy. I consider this a very dangerous issue regarding the integrety of the entire operating system, that this could even be a possible scenario. I am fully aware of all the other disturbing issues Microsoft created during batch renaming..but this a dangerous development. O/S Home Premium 64 bit.

PLEASE ADVISE SOLUTION, THANKS

Try a 3rd party renaming software package. There should be several compatible with Win7 X64.

Back