Windows 7 Battlefield 3

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Be sure to tune into Link Removed due to 404 Error tomorrow at 11 AM AST (GMT -3 on DST, do the other timezone conversions yourselves), to see awesome sauce from the brilliant devs at DICE.

The show is expected to reveal 64 player conquest, jet gameplay and 4v4 team deathmatch on a forest map. Of course, if you miss the stream, there will be lots of videos on YouTube if you can't make the stream, I'll post them in the following days.

Also, in response to the community over at the EA UK forums (Link Removed - Invalid URL), DICE spent a "5 digit number" to get an old MiG-21 shipped to Cologne germany to be part of the conference.. You wanted jet gameplay, you got it..

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/15/battlefield-3-ready-to-rock-gamescom.aspx
j34kl.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Battlefield 3 Complete Coverage & Updates

The press conference is now live, however DICE will not be showing Battlefield 3 until the end. In the meantime, it's other games like SSX, ME3, FIFA '12 and more.

More updates coming soon.

At the end of the presentation, DICE revealed 2 player co-op on the PlayStation 3 as well as the best thing ever:

Download it in 1080p @60 fps here:
http://vgiko.com/bf3/bf3_gamescom_caspianborder_pegi_1080p60_20mbps.mov

A plethora of additional screenshots were also revealed:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30136210&postcount=1044

I'll post all trailers up until this point soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Today DICE released the beta date. It has been confirmed to be the 29th of September and will run 11 days until the 10th. Medal of Honor: LE owners or Origin pre-orders will get 48 hour early access to the beta (the 27th). This date has been speculated for some time now on the EA forums. Additionally, since my last update DICE has released a new single player trailer featuring Xbox 360 footage, this is the first real "official" footage we've seen on consoles and it looks great. View the video here:

DICE released all kinds of additional information today regarding early access, beta maps and more. See all the information right here: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Battlefield 3 Open Beta is Available Link Removed due to 404 Error

Been playing the beta for 4 days now, impressed enough to pre-order, however there's some fundemental issues with this still... a lot of the early guns are super innacurate in regards to the aim/hit ratio...(might be down to beta code though) the whole point of rifles is they are accurate... not scatterguns like the SAW for example, so BF3 falls behind Homefront in that regard in my view (they got the weapons pretty much perfected). The only other nagging annoyance is the stupid long animated scenes to drop to prone...seriously? I think in a combat firefight most soldiers will hit the deck in nanosecond...and stuff the risks of a mild brused rib vs instagibbed for being slow (another win for homefront's system which works better).

It's largely in part to the revamped recoil.. People wanted more than in the alpha.. Hell, we got more than was in BC2. Demize99 states that burst firing in full auto is now less accurate than longer bursts (so as to avoid the "all weapon sniping" that kind of occurred in BC2). It's really not as big of an issue as you think, just adjust to single shot mode or something for medium-long ranges. Took me a bit of getting the hang of too. EA servers are still an issue, however :rolleyes: I have no issue with the ANT tech used for animations, or the time it takes to "hit the deck", but I'm more of a casual gamer these days anyway.

It's really not as big of an issue as you think, just adjust to single shot mode or something for medium-long ranges.

medium-long range is precisely what rifles are for.... and that my whole point, sure machine pistols etc it's accepted they are rubbush at range due to short barrels, but theres no excuse for hobbling guns that are supposed to be accurate as a sniper over medium range. For me it does ruin the experience when other games can do it better, surely would make sense just to dump the whole sniper class (which would shut up the whiners about camping, but even thats hobbled too since they give you a dirty great beam of light giving away positions even in tunnels!! and no i'm not talking about the flashlight mod) and make rifles work as intended, rather than make the majority have to suffer rage at missing turkeyshoots at 50 yards that would be near impossible to miss in real life with the same weapon.

EA still need to tweak the sluggish animated movements too... feels like playing a game via Onlive service (ie very laggy delays) at times even though i'm getting well over 60fps and 35pings. By that I mean mostly the body movement, aiming etc is lightning fast...but feels like the body was modelled on some 30stone obese guy looking at how slow it is to react. I guess this is deliberate to stop the well known bunny-hop bullet dodging that plagued older games, but its still damn annoying to get shot by hobbled movement speed thats move like a console game being played on a gamepad with thier damn autoaim sluggish controls.

Last edited:

DICE has always had a philosophy of balance>realism.

Meaning, it's not fun to be killed by someone with an M16 or M4 300 metres downwind in a bush that you never got to see. So they added recoil. Personally, I'd argue bullet damage is too high and while the animations could be shorter I'd still just prefer them be gone. I also believe that Battlefield shouldn't be "noob mode easy shooter" where you can fire full auto from any distance and expect a kill with very little skill. Mastering it takes time, and with each new iteration of Battlefield, they make it harder or different in some way. If you've ever played any of the CoD titles and wish this game was more like it because the weapon handling is "better", that's your preference. However, in real life, rifles are accurate, yes, but that's highly affected by recoil, which is created by the weight/size of the barrel, whether or not a suppressor is being used, the type of spring system in the gun.

Regarding the sniper class, I too am one of the people who wish it was "gone". Not because it's "annoying" but because 65% of players on the Battlefield use it. It's not fun. It's not fun. It's not fun. You can't take objectives because you don't have a team behind you to give you cover, you have a bunch of bush wookies. If less people used that class, or more used it the right way, it would be perfect.

Right now, honestly I'm sitting at a 6.5/10 for BF3, whereas BC2 has a genuine 8.5 in my opinion. We'll see how things shape up in final release.

Lol i'd be the last one to promote COD as having anything positive...

I'm much more impressed with final release than I was with the beta.. Logged 8 hours this weekend.
EA has released 6 screenshots for the Back to Karkand expansions, and hinted at a December release:
battlefield-3-strike-at-karkand-1.jpgbattlefield-3-strike-at-karkand-2.jpgbattlefield-3-strike-at-karkand-3.jpgbattlefield-3-strike-at-karkand-4.jpgbattlefield-3-strike-at-karkand-5.jpgbattlefield-3-strike-at-karkand-6.jpg

Oh, and one of the vehicles making a return is the F35B :D

I've racked up about 15 hours so far, have to say this is above my beta expectations, seen a few benchmarks posted around the web suggesting you need top kit to get good frame rates maxed out, but my own experience proved that wrong, it seems pretty fluid and once they sort out the server crash issues I'm sure it will be just about perfected for multiplayer on the main game. So far haven't come across and other bugs or glitches.

It's not all perfect in the co-op mode however, noticed a few silly glitches...

1. Can't shoot through the barriers on bridge once the metal sheeting is blown off, yet enemy can, on mission 1.
2. No option to select ho will be pilot/gunner on mission 2, which is very annoying as my co-op mate can't fly for crap.

Last edited:

My PC can run it at about 25 fps if I'm lucky, so I'm stuck with the good old 30 FPS Xbox :(

What did you think of the campaign (if you did it yet?). It really didn't live up to my expectations. I was hoping it would have a story similar in immersion and emotion as MoH 2010, but DICE failed to create an entertaining experience yet again. Though the second half of the campaign is definitely better than the first. Speaking of MoH, there's an insert in every console copy shipped teasing the next game, it's also a new "patch", indicating something new is to come. A little more info can be found on the MoH website. Personally, I can't wait to continue the campaign.
moh-leaflet_thumb.jpg

What's your U/N on Battlelog? Perhaps I'll hop into a game with you someday on PC :D

Have to say the BF3 campaign left me a bit down, was expecting something more like the BadCo2 single player... but the short chaptered levels in BF3 while graphically epic, left me a bit cold story wise, much like all the rival franchise has since MW1, suppose can't really complain, the main meat of the game is multiplayer and thats nothing short of amazing, plus I've never bought a BF title for single player ever before... so can't really blame them for tacking it on for the COD converts to get used to.

as for benchmarks, getting a steady 50+ fps on a mix of high and ultra settings so that'll do until I upgrade in spring, also if you have a AMD DX11 card, I suggest limit the Tessalation on catalyst manually to about 6x on the offchance they over-rendered it like in Crysis 2 (which made Nvidia get faked higher benchmarks scores using hidden water under the whole levels etc) when using character mesh on ultimate.

Oh theres ment to be a new AMD driver out monday for it as well, currently using 11.10 beta 3 previews and runs well enough.

On Origin/BF3 I'm "Highway72" btw

also found some inside information on how they made the game here... some interesting videos
http://www.geeks3d.com/20111025/the-secrets-behind-battlefield-3-and-frostbite-2/

Last edited:

I've also noticed that the server you play on have a massive impact on the frame rates in-game too, so if the game is sluggish (not laggy) try a different low populated server and see if things improve...

They did fire up a server side fix to solve lag on Tehran highway and whatever other map it was.

theres beena flood of fixes since then, it's about 99% fixed now

Can't wait to fire this baby up. I got a copy on Ebay for $35.00. Got it installed and thought I was ready to go but no what's it downloading now? AAGH! a 3.9 GB patch! and I have the slowest DSL connection on the planet, guess I can wait another day heck I bought a steam code for "RAGE" (21 GB's) I've been downloading it for a week and I'm only up to 37%. :(

Last edited:
I have played all the variant of Battlefield game and it is my most favorite action games. I am looking for update of Battlefield three thanks for sharing it in this thread.

EA/DICE announced a while ago three will be three more definite expansions for Battlefield 3, the first launching in June:

After that there will be "Armored Assault" in the fall, and "End Game" in the winter.

Back