Windows 7 Been dealing with this BSOD for over a year. help please!

Kyle Mccullough

ok so i built this computer about a year and a half ago and i have been dealing with this same blue screen almost from the start. it used to only happen rarely when i played video games and i was also getting graphical artifacts so last christmas i upgraded my failing graphics card thinking this would solve the issue but it did not. it started blue screening while playing diablo 3 recently so i reinstalled windows 7 tonight thinking this would fix the issue but it has not. now it has started to blue screen while im doing normal tasks right after installing windows 7.

im sure its not my graphics card and im pretty sure its not the ram because i have tested each stick individually and it blue screened on each stick

the only things i can think that might be causing this are either my motherboard, cpu, or hard drive. it might also be a voltage issue if that can cause a blue screen.

i have attached the latest dmp file

thanks!

Attachments

• bsod.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 155
I would start by doing a memtest in DOS. go here and download the test. memtest.org

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Download the Bootable ISO version, and burn it to a CD or DVD.

Set your cd rom to boot priority in the bios and let that memtest run for at least 1 pass, preferably 3 passes.

Let us know if you get any errors.
Also, if you have a Seagate Hard drive, Download SeaTools. If you have any other brand of hard drive, go to their website and look for their version of Hard Drive error checking. Run that and report back.

I'm not the type that can go through your crash dump's and tell you whats going on, so i'll let someone else do that. But for now, start with these simple steps.

I know you said you tested the memory, but Memtest will tell you almost 100% if you have bad ram or not.

Thanks

Back