Windows 7 Bejeweled Twist

gavin19

This works on W7 7600 x64 just fine, except that when I try to minimize the window, ie exit fullscreen mode, the screen turns black and Windows is unresponsive. Task manager, Esc or any other keyboard shortcuts have no effect. If I can't play in a window then it's pretty useless to me. I even tried looking for the settings file to see if I could force the game to start minimized but no luck. Anyone else able to confirm this bug?

This works on W7 7600 x64 just fine, except that when I try to minimize the window, ie exit fullscreen mode, the screen turns black and Windows is unresponsive. Task manager, Esc or any other keyboard shortcuts have no effect. If I can't play in a window then it's pretty useless to me. I even tried looking for the settings file to see if I could force the game to start minimized but no luck. Anyone else able to confirm this bug?

I'm using W7 RC x86 and Bejewelled Twist works just fine in a window.

8-18-200912-52-18AM.jpg

I just installed W7 RTM x64 tonight and copied the Bejewelled Twist folder that I backed up onto disc from the previous x86 W7 RC version and copied over to a new folder on the HDD and ran the game. It works fine in window mode with no crashes. Only thing is, I had almost 3 million points on ZEN, now it's gone.

8-20-200911-59-17PM.jpg

I just installed W7 RTM x64 tonight and copied the Bejewelled Twist folder that I backed up onto disc from the previous x86 W7 RC version and copied over to a new folder on the HDD and ran the game. It works fine in window mode with no crashes. Only thing is, I had almost 3 million points on ZEN, now it's gone.

I tried installing the Nvidia drivers rather than the ones W7 installed for me, it works just fine now. Btw, you need to backup the 'PopCap Games' folder in 'C:\ProgramData\', this is where users/scores are recorded and stored.

I tried installing the Nvidia drivers rather than the ones W7 installed for me, it works just fine now. Btw, you need to backup the 'PopCap Games' folder in 'C:\ProgramData\', this is where users/scores are recorded and stored.

Yeah, people been having problems with the drivers that W7 installs. When I installed x64, I used the drivers from the ATI site that I had stored on a thumb drive.

Well... unfortunately, I wiped the HDD before installing x64. However, it only took me about 2.5 hours of playing continous to get to 2 million. Perhaps I'll go on a tangent this weekend and get the score back up again. The game is highly addicting but gets repetitive after a while. At least some of the music isn't as annoying as the Bejewelled Twist version on my cell phone. Surprisingly, the cell phone version has more columns than the PC version.

Glad to hear you fixed your problem.

Back