Windows 7 Belkin N Plus router network and Windows 7 HELP

tonewheelfreak

I just moved to a Belkin F5D8635 router and I cannot get my network LAN drives to show up on W7 machines, they are available with browser and on XP machines but what am I doing wrong with W7??? The ethernet connection works otherwise fine to internet and other computers. My old Alink router was 10.0.0.2 IP DHCP and worked fine, the new belkin uses 192.168.2.1 IP and same settings.

Last edited:
I just moved to a Belkin F5D8635 router and I cannot get my network LAN drives to show up on W7 machines, they are available with browser and on XP machines but what am I doing wrong with W7??? The ethernet connection works otherwise fine to internet and other computers. My old Alink router was 10.0.0.2 IP DHCP and worked fine, the new belkin uses 192.168.2.1 IP and same settings.

Could you please detail, what you mean by "network LAN drives" are these simply mapped network drives to shares on other host machines, or are they network attached storage devices?

No hurt at all, I'm just an amateur at best on this topic! These are network attached storage devices which I have on my routers ethernet ports. I also just noticed that my IP cameras are also gone from my belkin's network? I have XP, Vista and W7 machines on the router and this problem happens with all machines, wireless and wired. I changed belkin's IP address to 10.0.0.2 to mimic everything on my Alink setup which worked fine. Really lost(?)

Basics....
Since you've recently (I'm assuming) revamped the IP addressing scheme for the network from Class C to Class A, then
Use the ping command from a command prompt to determine that all network nodes are reachable from the windows 7 machine.
One question, were the Win7 machine(s) on the network and working properly when you had the Alink router setup? Just want some clarification.
Also, check within the Belkin web interface (all routers are a little different) for something called UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) make sure that it's enabled.
Check the Belkin website and see if there is a firmware update for that particular router.
Also, leaving the IP camera(s) out of the equation...define your actual problem
Is it, as you mentioned before, Win7 cannot (see?) (or access?) your NAS(s) device(s)??

Yes I changed addressing scheme just to mimic my Alink routers setup as close as possible which worked fine with all machines (XP,Vista,W7)...what is the advantage of the different schemes? Anyways the problem occurs with all machines, both directly connected and wlan. I have UPnP enabled on belkin, but I have a beta firmware version (belkin said it should be fine?) running which I think I should zap back to the previous release before wasting more time on issue. And yes I will ping my setup to see what happens.

Thanks Randy for guiding me thru this unknown territory!

Back
Top Bottom