Windows 7 Benching software

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I meant to include this screenshot in the above post.. This is the demo/benchmark running..

Very nice free benchmark demo. My pc got a score of 965, i think!!, i can't remember the framerate score.

Phil.

Lol..which one Phil? The first one or the second 'space' one..

I am not sure what you mean by the Space one?? please add a link for this unless i missed it.
BTW the Tropic one was all default settings apart from a resolution of 1680x1050.

Phil.

Sorry, the second post I made had a link eventually to this download:

X3: Terran Conflict Rolling Demo - FileFront.com

Although this is a 400+MB download! Also the score I posted related to this demo..
I'll bench using the 'Tropical' set and post the result. There should be quite a difference with my 2-core compared to your quad..

Ok... I just benched but used slightly different settings. I took a screenshot (F12) of the result. My settings were at
DX10
1280x1024 Resolution
Fullscreen
2xAA
4XAF
Reflections 'on'
Ambient occlusion 'on'

Score 1119
Avg fps 44.4

Oh, don't you think the music is really cool?

OK kemical, i will run the test again myself and take a screenshot and post it on here.
I see from your screenshot you have service pack 2 installed. I did not know that was available.
I will download the other demo you provided a link for but the server must be slow as i have a 20mb internet connection and am only getting a transfer rate of 80kb/s at the moment.

Phil.

Hi kemical, here is a thumbnail of a benchmark score. All settings are default apart from the resolution.Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi Phil,

Hmm...so you ran it in the default Dx9 version?
Ok, I had to do the same....

Hi Phil,
I did that test ages ago so can't remember my score... I'll have to download it again and have another go...

I ran the test but lost the page lol.. Anyway my score was P7000. I told you your quad would make the difference. I think my CPU score was around 4000 whilst yours is over 11,000! I think it's stupid that you can only run the test once as 3 runs would give you an average.

Back
Top Bottom