Benchmarking software?

I am a pc enthusiast, and am trying to get one of the futuremark programs so I can test windows 7 performance for myself, along with my new hardware......but Im not sure if I should use pcmark vantage since it is made for vista...any ideas?

Kyle

Benchmark software, as long as it runs, should give you an accurate result for the OS it runs on. Meaning, you may not get a result comparable to Vista's, but you could always compare with other Windows 7 results.

Some other good benchmarks - Sysoft Sandra, Cinebench R10, WinRAR and pretty much any 3DMark or PCMark program by Futuremark.

Hi gamerpyrate and Wecome to Windows7forums! :)

Just keep in mind though that Win 7 is still in Beta stages so benchmarking it won't give you as solid of numbers to go by as you'd get if benchmarking a finished OS.. ;) But none the less it will give you a good idea as to where Win 7 is at this point in time in terms of performance though.. Curious, you said you have some new hardware.. care to post your system's specs? I always like to hear about new rigs, especially when it's a fellow pc enthusiast who built the rig.. :)

loathe

Im using vantage on win7 with no probs, well actually I do have a problem. Im down almost a 1000 points since my highest score in Vista (P16000 or so). Right now Im using catalyst 9.1 on x64 win7 and my latest benchmark is P15092

When I try and Run 3dMark it fails saying something about full screen mode

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.