Windows 7 Big problems..

Raz

A few days ago windows couldn't install important update of my intel hd graphics and then he couldn't install more updates. Now, windows won't recognize internet connection although all the cables is working and the Internet is fine.. I just don't know what to do, I tried repairing and nothing had changed. It will be awesome if someone can help me! Thanks.

1. System restore.
2. Uninstall the updates from Control Panel > Programs and Features > View installed updates > Uninstall an update.

Try system restore first.

A few days ago windows couldn't install important update of my intel hd graphics and then he couldn't install more updates. Now, windows won't recognize internet connection although all the cables is working and the Internet is fine.

Not quite clear what preceded this situation, did you install an update or did you install the new GMA driver and now can't install updates because of that?

Did you try Intel® Driver Update Utility

Hi

If neither of these help, you may have a virus.
Have you gotten any of those fake You Have a Virus messages lately?

Go to Internet Tools in any browser as see if your Lan settings are set to Automatic. If they aren't set them that way.

The malware can change it so that you can't connect to anything even though your connection is fine.

The main thing is to run SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes.
Usually this is best done in Safe Mode.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Download SuperAntiSpyware 4.48.1000 - FileHippo.com

If changing the Lan setings doesn't get your internet working, you will have to download these programs on another computer and put them on a USB stick to get them into your computer.

If you don't find any malware you may have to do a repair install of Windows 7.

Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums

Make sure you run the anti malware stuff first, running the repair won't necessarily eliminate a virus. The files can be left behind and it will reinstall itself.

If you have any stuff you don't want to lose you should back it up as soon as possible just to be on the safe side.

Mike

Thanks for the comments! My computer is clean, I ran AVG and MIcrosoft security a few times. I didn't installed any new update and or something. You forgot windows won't recognize the internet

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments! My computer is clean, I ran AVG and MIcrosoft security a few times. I didn't installed any new update and or something. You forgot windows won't recognize the internet
It makes a reasonable amount of sense that if you can't get on the internet than you wouldn't be able to run updates, so you need to concentrate on diagnosing that issue first.
Open the Network and sharing center and at or near the top, to the right of your machine's name (this computer) you may see a yellow shield and or a red X, try clicking on either or those one at a time seperately and see if that produces any information that you can use. You can also click on the bottom hot link "Troubleshoot problems" and see what that reveals.
How are you connecting? Wired or wireless. What type of adapter are you using Manufacturer's name, Model Name, Model Number revision number? Maybe we can help insure that your driver's are up to date, sometimes the Windows Update utility will auto install a problematic driver which you need to replace with the latest one from the hardware vendor's website and then use device manager to force an update.

Have you tried just disabling the connection and re-enabling it, I've had that work many times.

Also check and see if you have Bonjour Services installed.
It is installed by Itunes and has caused a lot of problems with Windows 7 internet connections.

I'd still run SuperAntiSpyware, I've never seen AVG find one of these trojans.

Mike

I'd tried to disable the connection and re-enable it, I tried now to delete Bonjour and it didn't solve it :/
I'm on wired connection and i tried to switch cables too, in my other computer that works on wired internet every thing is fine.

A few days ago windows couldn't install important update of my intel hd graphics and then he couldn't install more updates. Now, windows won't recognize internet connection although all the cables is working and the Internet is fine.. I just don't know what to do, I tried repairing and nothing had changed. It will be awesome if someone can help me! Thanks.

Can you explain, what the comment from your original post that I've added emphasis to exactly means? Seems a bit contradictory "Windows won't recognize internet" "Internet is fine". Is your only problem with Windows Update? If not perhaps consider answering the questions regarding your adapter that I posed earlier.

AVG + MSE is not good. AVG may be blocking the updates. I suggest:

1. uninstall AVG AVG - Download tools
2. ensure you have only MSE at this point Link Removed due to 404 Error
3. install Malwarebytes free version Malwarebytes
4. Scan the system for malware just in case

To update Intel devices use Intel® Driver Update Utility.

Ill be glad if you tell me how to fix the Internet problem first.. For Trouble, it says that there is not Internet connection available. About the intel hd graphics - id tried to download the driver but it didnt work, and I'm still waiting for intel support email.

Last edited:
Ill be glad if you tell me how to fix the Internet problem first.. For Trouble, it says that there is not Internet connection available. About the intel hd graphics - id tried to download the driver but it didnt work, and I'm still waiting for intel support email.

By this I can only assume you mean inside the Network and Sharing Center. So do you see the red X, between the Internet Globe and maybe your gateway, (I mentioned this earlier) when you click it what happens? Specifically?
Can you change you network location from whatever it is to something else Public to Home, Home to Work, etc. Does that have any effect?
One more time, what type Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number and Rev. Number wired network adapter card are you using? What driver is it using, Provider, File Version, you can find this in the driver tab, driver details button.

Did you check the Lan setting to see if it is set on Automatic?
If they are not and you didn't set them the way they are, then you probably do have a virus.

If none of this is helping doing a repair install of Windows 7 is no big deal and doesn't take that long to do.

Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums

Back
Top Bottom