bios b'stards

Captain Halibut

A simple plea (far beyond the remit of this forum).

I know that the windows universe is a rich and diverse one,
That's why I remain with it. Mostly, it's too good; unchained
as it is from the rigours of conformity & standardisation
that makes Apple corp's life so easy. & so godamned smug.

But could you PLEASE label bios updates with something even
vaguely rational like XFX680iLTSLI_.1.01

Please?

Last edited:
oh bu tthey are labelled well...the release date is often the main part of the name...that alone should be a sufficient clue, although they seem to use the stupid american date system which is screwed up (they do it Month/Day/Year just to annoy everyone else on the planet).

In future I intend to buy only American Mainboards.
I've had a sh*t time with some loon writing a bios in one place, and passing it of to some other chap without consequences.

Last edited:
The US dating system is bonkers - month first??!
But I can just about live with that. It's the looney
naming conventions for bios's that gets me.

(OK, I've been hurt before).

Last edited:
American Mainboards? is there such a thing...they all made in Asia these days...lol

ha ha ha... I missed that until you pointed it out.

I wonder why China doesn't partition to be added as the 51st state? Then they could say Made in America.... and they would have a MUCH better chance of getting paid back the 12 trillion dollars they loaned to us. They would qualify for federal highway funds, social programs, car klunker deals.. AND their children could pay back the debt they will never collect from the Feds.

Damn, I should have been a diplomat.

According to the mainboard, it was manufactured in 1999, Freemont, Calif.
You've managed however to bypass the pont of this thread.

ha ha.. that means they probably installed the battery into the Taiwan motherboard in Freemont. ... you know.. they don't want them to arrive with a dead battery.

Back