Windows 7 Bios

dune43

I will buy a new computer with windows 7 .Do you think it necessary to update the bios on the motherboard to run the windows and newer games without problems. Which considered buying the Windows version 32 or 64 for games

The specifications of my new computer is 4 gig of ram, processor core 2 quad 9505, intel motherboard dG411TY and a 9800 GT video card.

thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Firstly get 64bit, although some people are having teeth troubles with it for older games...for stuff from the last 2 years its perfectly fine and you'll get all the extra boost from having 64bit even if the game itself doesnt use it, the windows background apps will run smoother.

As for updating the BIOS, generally speaking, it's only worth doing if theres major fixes in the updated BIOS, but it will in most cases invalidate warranty.

I will buy a new computer with windows 7 .Do you think it necessary to update the bios on the motherboard to run the windows and newer games without problems. Which considered buying the Windows version 32 or 64 for games

The specifications of my new computer is 4 gig of ram, processor core 2 quad 9505, intel motherboard dG411TY and a 9800 GT video card.

thanks for your time.

I normally update my bios to the latest version regardless but then again I do have a dual bios so if anything goes wrong I've got a back-up. If you don't have anything like that yourself then you'll perhaps need to tred a little more carefully. Check with the manufacturer of the board on the method of flashing bios they should have something on the website about it..

Back
Top Bottom