Windows 7 Black Screen during Install

Sean

Hi all,

During installation of both RC 7100 and 7201, I complete the first phase okay and the computer restarts. However about 2 minutes into "completing installation" the monitor goes blank. It will stay like this even if I leave it overnight. If I reboot, I get "starting windows" but it then boots into the same blank screen, just black (but not off). I've looked around this forum but can't find anyone with the same problem. There are similar problems with people getting stuck at 'completing install', but no one is actually getting a black screen...

My system is:
Processor: i7-920
Mainboard: Intel DX580SO
Video: Gigabyte 9800GTX+ 1GB
4 x 2GB DDR3 1333
500GB Seagate HD (7200.11)

I have no USB devices plugged in except for the wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse.

The perculiar thing is that it will install the Win7 beta (7000) flawlessly, but for some reason does not want a bar of the RC (7100) or build 7201 (which I tried because 7100 wouldn't work).

If there's anyone who has experienced anything similar, or if anyone has any ideas as to a possible cause, I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,
Sean.

Sean.

Hello and welcome.

I don't mean to brush you off, but if you look at the bottom of this page, you'll see threads relating to this exact problem.

Back
Top Bottom