Windows 10 Blank Screen

BrutalMoose

Hello, I have an old Alienware, it could be Model X51, and it is from approximately 2015. a small skinny desktop shape. It turns on, with very loud fans, but I have pluged almost all video cables into it, and the screen is blank. The screen is always blank, the screen has always been completely blank, it does not work at all. I am using a well tested perfectly working monitor. I have tried both the GPU's HDMI & DVI, and also the onboard HDMI directly on the motherboard, but neither one displays anything. I have checked all cables are plugged in correctly. What are the next troubleshooting steps I should take? Thanks guys.

Last edited:
You haven't mentioned anything about drivers.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thats right, I didn't. I also said the PC always has a blank screen, no matter what buttons I push, or what known good monitor and known good cable I connect it to. That means I can't install drivers or anything else onto the computer. No need to state the obvious about restarting either.

Thats right, I didn't. I also said the PC always has a blank screen, no matter what buttons I push, or what known good monitor and known good cable I connect it to. That means I can't install drivers or anything else onto the computer. No need to state the obvious about restarting either.
Sorry, my bad. Somehow I assumed you had more than 1 monitor and just wanted to test this one.
Normally you need another monitor in order to test if the computer works. Otherwise how to check whether the monitor is defective or the graphics card on the computer or something else.

Sorry, my bad. Somehow I assumed you had more than 1 monitor and just wanted to test this one.
Normally you need another monitor in order to test if the computer works. Otherwise how to check whether the monitor is defective or the graphics card on the computer or something else.
It's ok, mistakes happen. Yea I am using the monitor to type this on the screen heh from a different comp. If I figure out what is going on with this dead alienware I will let everyone know.

Back