Windows 7 Blu-Ray support

Krypto

Fantastic Member
Premium Supporter
I thought windows 7 had blu-ray support but i am reading around the web and ppl are saying it does not is this the case and does anyone now of a really good program for blu-ray playback in windows 7 thanks

windows 7 got notting to do with br support or not, it`s all abou ur hardware."Corel win dvd 9" is an exellent br player(can play from hardware). Stay away from corel10 for now it has issues.
Vlc (free) can play br files but Im not sure if it can play from dvd drive
Best dvd player software (not sure if can play bray) I came across with lately is Total media 3 (arcsoft) just amazing it even plays ordinary dvds in hd
But if you just after a good blueray player software corel9 is defineatly the one

Yes, Microsoft discontinued support for BR in Windows 7. Why? Probably because not many people are upgrading their computers with BR players and most still don't come with one built in. By discontinued support, I mean that they removed native play support, drivers are still included. As for BR players, Corel9 is definitely a winner.
:D

My HP came with a HD/Blue ray Reader/writer.

It came bundled with Cyberlink's Blue-ray DVD play and Power 2 go to burn Blue-rays.

Natively,. no.

I'm sure later on down the road once SP1 or maybe even SP2 roll out, "native" Blu-Ray support will most likely be added to Windows 7.. ;) Time will tell.. :)

Well I finally got Corel found a good blu-ray drive got a hd monitor and this movies are gorgeous on this monitor thanks to everyone who responded.

Back