Windows 7 blue screen after shutting down.

rohit

I have downloaded and installed Windows 7 from the msdn in my laptop.
When I shutdown or restart, I get a "blue screen" with an error message:

A problem has been detected & windows has been shutdown.
ati2dvag.dll
Terminal_server_driver_made_incorrect_memory_reference

Technical Information:
Stop: 0x000000CF (0x92FCF54A,0x00000008,0x92FCF54A,0x00000000)

ati2dvag.dll - Address 92FCF54A base at 92FB0000, Datestamp 00000000

I am having this problem from the day I installed Windows 7.
Could you please help me with this problem?

Thank You.

Have you checked for any new chipset or video drivers from the laptop manufacturer?

I have the latest video and chipset drivers for my dell latop(all updated).
Is there a problem with my chipset or video drivers, is that why I am having this error message?

It looks like an ati video device, but you have the file so you can check. Do you know if the laptop has a newer bios update available?

I found this and you may find more if you search for that driver.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I have updated the drivers and my ATI mobility radeon x1300 graphic drivers too. I have tried the solution you gave me, but still doesn't work. Please help me.

Thank You.

Dell has some good support services and normally keeps their drivers up to date. Tell us your computer model or go there and do a search for the file or ask technical support.

It isn't clear if you can get into your system, but if you can, start msinfo32.exe and check for problems and get your bios number. You might also be able to look at theEvent Viewer (eventvwr.msc) and see if you show any errors or warnings which might have a bearing on the situation.

There is a chance something else is conflicting with the file mentioned. Do you have anything plugged in or maybe even an anti-virus might be blocking some necessary communication.

If it does it on boot, use msconfig.exe to set it to write a bootlog which you can look at in safe mode. Make sure and tell it not to overwrite the previous version. Then look for an ntbtlog.txt in the Windows directory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom