Blue Screen Appears then says "Operating System Not Found" - Acer Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by kowsikan, Nov 16, 2010.

1. kowsikan

kowsikan New Member

I dont remember doing anything wrong on my computer then browsing youtube, the web, messenger, watching videos and doing my homework on word.

My acer has 500 GB HDD and 4 GB memory.
    All of the sudden while I was working, my computer starts being slow
    and not responding to my actions quickly, then becomes frozen. After that the
    blue screen of death appears. So I press the power then restart it again.
    Then a whole bunch of message appears , finishes it with " Operating System Not
    Found".
    So I tried to goto Bios and putted the Hard drive to boot first and make sure the
    network wasn't. After that I used my recovery CD from Desktop to check if I can
    reinstall windows but then when it asks to choose a drive to format or to install windows on to , it says no harddrive cant be found. So I can't even reinstall windows. I called Acer and they said they will send a CD, but I want to know if there is any other way because I dont want to wait 10 -15 days for the CD. Has anyone had this problem and found a way to solve it please help me out.!

2. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Hello and Welcome to windows7forums. : )

It is not absolutely clear from your post if you still can boot normally or maybe in safe mode only - so you can submit your .dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump for us to take a look at.

The recovery CD was created for your desktop, not for notebook. You can try the CD's from Neosmsart:

Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files

3. cybercore

cybercore New Member