Blue Screen Error

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Ethan, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Ethan

Ethan New Member

Ever since my hard drive died on my HP TX2525nr and I replaced the harddrive and installed Windows 7 I'll randomly get a blue screen that says POWER_STATE_FAILURE_DRIVE or something similar to that. It never happened before with the last hard drive and windows of course can't find a way to fix the problem. What should I do?

2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Is it a SATA or IDE drive?

Next time it happens, go to the C:\Windows\minidump directory and upload the .dmp file?

Have you checked settings in the BIOS or looked for a firmware upgrade for your BIOS.

Please give a rundown of your computer specifications.

Go to the manufacturers site here and punch in your model number and operating system:
    HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more

Download this program for more information about your system:
    SIW (System Info) 2009.10.22

3. Ethan

Ethan New Member

It's a SATA and I'll def get that dmp file next time.

I updated my BIOS from that HP page you posted. Other than that I'm not sure what you were looking for from that. The specific site for me is Select software and drivers HP Pavilion tx2525nr Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) because I'm running the tx2525nr with Windows 7 64 bit.

I got that SIW program to give me a massive HTML report with I suppose everything there is to my computer, did you want me to upload the entire thing?

4. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

No, don't upload the full report, just go through the screens and add that information to you computer Specs.

The information you gather will allow you to get the correct drivers from the official sites.

5. kingcole

kingcole New Member

hi, wondered if someone can help, have just upgraded from Vista to windows 7, upon login get blue screen. i have restarted in safe mode and run windows debug and got report, details below. any help would be greatly appreciated:
    *******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
    This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
    that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
    is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
    bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
    Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
    traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
    If kv shows a taskGate
    use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
    Else if kv shows a trapframe
    use .trap on that value
    Else
    .trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
    (on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
    Endif
    kb will then show the corrected stack.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000f, EXCEPTION_RESERVED_TRAP
    Arg2: 0003002c
    Arg3: 00000000
    Arg4: 00000000
    Debugging Details:
    ------------------

OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'xaudio' and 'parport.sys' overlap
    BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_f
    CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
    PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
    CURRENT_IRQL: 0
    LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0003002c to 82e8f04e
    STACK_TEXT:
    a26a7cd4 0003002c badb0d00 00000000 00000000 nt!CommonDispatchException+0x82
    WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
    a26a7cec 82eb5792 84e062c8 82ed3d72 970caa9c 0x3002c
    a26a7cf4 82ed3d72 970caa9c 00000000 a26a0000 nt!ExReleaseResourceLite+0xf
    a26a7cf8 970caa9c 00000000 a26a0000 98740023 nt!ExReleaseResourceAndLeavePriorityRegion+0x5
    a26a7d04 98740023 77900023 00000000 00000001 win32k!NtUserSetTimer+0x4b
    a26a7d18 00000000 ffffffff 00ba0030 00000000 xaudio+0x6023

STACK_COMMAND: kb
    FOLLOWUP_IP:
    xaudio+6023
    98740023 ?? ???
    SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 5
    SYMBOL_NAME: xaudio+6023
    FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
    MODULE_NAME: xaudio
    IMAGE_NAME: xaudio.sys
    DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 44d3e8ad
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_f_xaudio+6023
    BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_f_xaudio+6023
    Followup: MachineOwner

6. Ethan

Ethan New Member

It just happened again. Ugh. This time I'm going to upload the minidump. Also, I downloaded and ran WhoCrashed and it tells me this:

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Fri 2/12/2010 7:26:56 PM your computer crashed
    This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT]
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8002B55A20, 0xFFFFF80000B9C518, 0xFFFFFA8006D95200)
    Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE[/FONT]
    Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021210-23868-01.dmp
    [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
    company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
    description: NT Kernel & System
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

And it actually has a record of all the other times its crashed and they all say the same thing.
    [/FONT]

Attached Files:

7. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

According to the .dmp file, it would seem that the issue may be your broadcom network adapter. Try going here Select your operating system HP Pavilion tx2525nr Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)┬╗ select your version of Windows 7, I assumed it was 64 bit, but which ever. HP, has a driver update dated October 2009 version 5.60.18.8. You may have to use device manager and uninstall the device and drivers reboot and install the new drivers and see if that helps

#7 Trouble, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  8. Ethan

Ethan New Member

unfortunately, the driver is already updated to that version. I updated to that version a while back for some troubleshooting reason, probably this one, and it hasn't helped.

9. Ethan

Ethan New Member

it just happened again but in a new way I haven't seen before. I was randomly doing something, closing tabs in Chrome I believe when it just went and BSODed me! I'm not too sure they're related. Minidump attached...

Attached Files:

10. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

This one doesn't seem to be related to your earlier one. I would suggest that you may need to get back to the basics. Confirm all drivers are updated and current as well as the MoBo Bios. Check the physical components and connectors, especially the hard drive connections on the drive you just replaced, loose or bad connectors can cause similar issues. Reseat your memory modules. Find the specifics on your memory modules from the manufacturer (timings and voltages) make sure that they are configured appropriately in the bios. If you are overclocking anything set it back to standard defaults. Download and run a memory test utility or use the one built into Windows 7. Chkdsk you hard drive. Check cooling, determine operating temperatures idle and under load. Check all fans make sure they are clean and free of obstructions
    EDIT: When you test the memory test a single stick at a time and attempt to assess your power supply's performance to determine if it's up to the task and providing sufficent wattage for your system needs as well as appropriate voltages. Usually a local shop can run a quick check for you if you don't have the means to test it yourself.

#10 Trouble, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  11. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

It seems to be related to Power Options.

Have you made any changes here?

I'd suggest going to Control Panel > Power Options, select Balanced

Now click Change Advanced Power Settings and go through the list of items to try to locate the culprit.

If this doesn't work, set it to Energy saver or create your own power plan.

12. Celestra

Celestra Former Moderator

13. jamieb

jamieb New Member

Same error!

Hi, im wondering if someone can help me, im receiving a blue screen error and dont really know what to do about it... below, please find a copy of the error report. Thanks!

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 7177

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: FFFFFDF4
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 82C73784
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\053110-27362-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Jamie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-104770-0.sysdata.xml

it blue screens on me at least once a day recently and i haven't installed any new hard ware recently. :frown:

14. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump to copy the files from there to any other folder. Then rar or zip them and attach the compressed file to a post using the paperclip above where you type. I can help you out like this.

15. jamieb

jamieb New Member

Hi TorrentG

Thank you for your quick response to my query... Please find attached the .rar minidump file as per your request. If i can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate in contacting me in this regard!

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

16. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Awq yoo eunning Avast Anti-virus?

17. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

This should be an easy fix for you Jamie. And you're welcome.

Please uninstall Daemon Tools and then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys from your system as its notorious for bsod:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

You may use PowerIso as a very stable replacement for emulation.

I also noticed an Intel networking driver is older. Please visit their website to let it scan and install the latest drivers they can offer:

Code:
    e1e6232  e1e6232.sys  Fri Jun 05 15:07:54 2009
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=gg_support-EN_01+home_downloadctr

You have Avast! and Kaspersky antivirus utilities installed. Please uinstall one of them because 2 or more is conflicting and causes problems. Please use the uninstaller found here for the one you choose to remove:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Your Soundmax HD Audio driver could use an update for sure:

Code:
    ADIHdAud ADIHdAud.sys Thu Apr 24 13:26:27 2008
    And so can your Synaptics touchpad driver:

Code:
    SynTP    SynTP.sys    Thu Mar 27 21:14:58 2008
    You can visit the maker of your machine for these.

Follow this advice and your machine will be well. In any weird case it is not, please uninstall all antivirus utilities from the machine with the cleaner tools. Then install MSE as a replacement Good luck and let us know how it seems to be going.

18. jamieb

jamieb New Member

reghakr, i am indeed running Avast! as my anti-virus program.

TorrentG, i will attempt to make the following changes, however, please be advised that after running the automatic driver update from system tools, Windows 7 did not find any updates on the web. Does this mean that the drivers are, infact up to date, or that i should manually install them.

Many thanks once again

19. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

Yes, manually. Please follow the instructions included in my previous post. If for any reason whatsoever you run into trouble or difficulties, please tell us of them and we'll have a solution or two. Good luck. :p

20. jamieb

jamieb New Member

Thanks

Thanks, i have followed your suggested steps and will let you know if the problem persists. after running the Kaspersky uninstaller from the aforementioned link, the program did not detect any instance of Kaspersky Anti-virus installed on my system...

Much appreciated!