Windows 7 Blue screen on startup (even with disk)

Kamanda

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking around for a few months when a previous thread helped me diagnose a BSOD for my friend. Sorry guys...I read the 'rules' for BSOD help requests but due to the nature of my problem, no .dmp files are attainable.

I've got a problem that was sprung on to me yesterday, I continualy get blue screens of death on the startup of windows. I'll post the message and then how it happened...(my computer is a dell xps m1530 running windows 7 professional 64 bit)

TURN ON COMP
"Windows failed to start.A recent softwaare or hardware change might be the cause."
Gives me an option for Launch Startup Repair and Start windows normally

Both of these options gives me this:
BLUE SCREEN:
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

CLFS.SYS

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

(the normal blurb)

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF8A000FA54E8, 0x000000000000, 0xFFFFF88000C998F7, 0x000000000002)

*** Link Removed - Invalid URL - Adress FFFFF88000C998F7 base at FFFFF88000c79000, Datestamp 4a5bc11d"

I have tried booting from safe mode and even booting from a Dell Windows 7 professional reinstallation disc. I originally got the software through msdnaa at my university.

Yesterday:

The only changes I made (and think may be the problem) was I was updating/ fooling around with my ASIO drivers. I was using a recent project of mine, a converted acoustic to electric drumkit with BFD lite standalone (which uses ASIO4all). All was working well and i have used this in the past, however, i was trying to find a way to run 2 applications with ASIO4all so i could play along to a track without havigng to bring my external soundcard to the other room....so I installed winamp, foobar2000, a multi asio app from steinburg and the plugins to allow winamp and foobar to use asio output. The weird thing in the blue screen didnt crash my computer...I just did a normal restart to 'flush' my computer after all those installs and tinkering around, and the blue screen hapened

If I could even get this thing running in safe mode so i could grab files and do a fresh reinstall I'd be happy!

I hope thats enough info! Thanks in advance for your responses...I await patiently!

-Kamanda

Hi there,

Crash dump analysis becomes a little hard when there is no dump file. So seems like it could be the sound card itself since you were playing with it. Try to remove your Sound card and then start the computer and see if that works. If the drivers are messed up and you can't even get into Safe mode then the only way is to reinstall Windows. But let;s try that first.

Then follow this article How to Run Startup Repair to Fix Boot Issues | Captain Debugger till step 6 and select Command prompt and there type in SFC /SCANNOW and lets see what happens.

Back