blue screen on startup

Ivoh

Hi guys,
I have installed Windows 7 32 bit on my Dell XPS 1530 with 4 gb RAM.
After installation the windows starts up correcl the first time.
However when I then reboot I see the blue screen of death with the following error:.

technical information stop: 0x0000007b (0x80D86B58,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x0000000)

Also I have tried to start up in save mode but without succes. I still get the blue screen,
The repair start up was run correctly.

Previously before windows 7 I hadwindows vista ultimate 64 bit + media direct (dual boot system)
When installing I choose to delete the partition with the media direct and formatting my C drive.

I hope you can help me and let me know if you need more info since I am running out of ideas.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The stop message refers to an 'inaccessable boot drive'
I'd try re-installing but boot from your disk. Change the boot order via your bios to CD/DVD first and HDD second, reboot and then press any key when required..

Ivoh

dell media direkt?!

The stop message refers to an 'inaccessable boot drive'
I'd try re-installing but boot from your disk. Change the boot order via your bios to CD/DVD first and HDD second, reboot and then press any key when required..
ok I changed the BIOS to first CD/DVD and second HDD. Then I reinstalled windows 7 but no luck so far, still the blue screen.

Then I assumed that this issue must be related to the DELL Media Direkt. So I followed the steps in the guide here below but instead of vista I installed W7: (1.dell media direct 2. windows 7. 3).
Dell Vista Laptop Reformat and Bloatware Removal Guide
It did´nt worked and the blue screen still appears.

Now I am switching back to vista first to see if I can get it to work normally.
If yes I will try to do an upgrade to windows 7 overwriting vista.

Any other suggestions? Thx.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Motherboard bios? Has it been updated recently? We have had a few users in the forum where this proved to be a solution so if need be give it a try.. You'll probably need to check the motherboard manufacturers web site for details on bios updates..

Other than that blue screens are usually caused by driver/hardware conflict and can be cured by driver updates but see how you get on with the bios updating..

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.