Windows 7 Blue screen says " A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to y

saharha7

Every time I shut my computer down or restart it , a blue screen shows up and it says :
" A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer " and than it restarts my computer which takes longer than usual when I put the computer log - in password .

I have a Windows 7 Enterprise , 32-bit .
I have this computer for almost year and a half and it happened about 2-3 times during this time but now it happens every single time I shut my computer down or restart it .
I updated the computer three days ago but it keeps happening since then .

Please help me ! I'm really nervous . ):

You probably have a driver update or something that causes trouble. You should have .dmp files, please post them. Do a search in Explorer with

*.dmp

and post it here. It's also possible you have a hardware break down - it happens, you know.

You can check out the BSOD forum to see the sticky on how to get help with a Blue Screen. The dump files, as Titantic mentions, are important, plus some other info that might be relevant.

You might also check the Event Viewer to see if any problems show up around the time these situations occur. The Kernel Power error is probably just a result of the problem and not the cause.

That info is all in the sticky, but to attach, use the paperclip on the Advanced Replies and select the file for upload. You don't need to zip just one file, but if you have several, it is best to zip them before you upload.

Back