Windows 7 Blue screen

WorkOut

The past week or so I've been getting BSoD once every day or two. I can't seem to tie it to a particular program. I've attached the minidumps. I'm hoping someone here will get more out of them than me.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    114.6 KB · Views: 318
Hey. You're getting memory corruption errors. Almost guaranteed to be caused by drivers. Let's have a look at them.

1) You have Daemon Tools installed with sptd.sys. You must uninstall this as it is notorious for bsod under Windows 7. After uninstalling Daemon Tools in the normal method, please use this installer/uninstaller to get rid of sptd.sys:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

A great replacement for emulation is PowerIso and that never crashes Windows.

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

2) Your Realtek High Definition Audio driver can use an update. Following is a link to do so:

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jul 28 09:00:05 2009
Realtek

3) Older Razer drivers are notorious for crashing Windows. You have this one for your Habu gaming mouse:

Code:
habu     habu.sys     Thu Oct 26 04:33:31 2006
Please update it from here:

Microsoft Habu Windows 7 Driver v2.21 with Device Stage Support (English)

4) Your Realtek lan driver could use an update. Please use the device manager to look under the network section to see which exact kind of Realtek lan you have. Then search this link on the left side for its number (for example 8111C) to find an update to install:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:30 2009
Realtek

------

I think with attention to these things, especially 1 and 3, you'll be well off. Please let us know how it goes and post a new crash dump if necessary. Enjoy man.

Wow, thanks for the fast reply man.

I went ahead and took all the steps you recommended. I wasn't able to find my exact WLAN model on the realtek site but Windows was able to find and install an update for it. Anyway, I won't know if this fixed the problem for a day or two because I was only getting a blue screen once every couple of days. If I'm still having problems then I'll be sure to post the dump.

Thanks for your help.

Well I just had another crash. I'm still pretty sure it's a driver issue because the error that appears on the blue screen says something about DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Anyway here's the new dump.

Attachments

• 070510-32885-01.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 278
The errors could be caused by TVALZ_O.SYS which is a driver from Toshiba for the Value Added Package or similar...meaning unnecessary utilities.

Based on the date, I would either update that driver or the better approach is to simply rename it to TVALZ_O.SYS.BAK

You can find it at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Code:
TVALZ_O  TVALZ_O.SYS  Thu Nov 08 22:08:41 2007
<<< Based on the date

-----

This Realtek lan driver present would still be good to update as well:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:30 2009

I just did the things you suggested. I realize now that last night I had updated the WLAN driver and not the driver for the PCIe FE family controller or whatever, which is the one you're talking about. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes now.

Thanks again.

*sigh* Just had another blue screen. I don't even have the game associated with that TAGES driver installed anymore so I just deleted it. Anyway, I'll attach the new dump to this post.

Is it possible that one of the Microsoft drivers has become corrupted or something? Because I think we've looked at all the 3rd party ones at this point. I may just reinstall Windows soon if this doesn't stop happening, although without knowing the cause it could happen again.

Could this be a hardware problem? The memory checker windows utility says my RAM is fine but it feels like we're running out of potential bad drivers.

Attachments

• 070710-26176-01.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 263
Not sure how I missed it but the video card driver is older. You can update it from the following link:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Thu Jul 30 00:23:28 2009
Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

No, very doubtful that any Microsoft drivers have been corrupted.

This next driver is for some kind of game protection. As a test, you can try renaming it to atksgt.bak and then reboot to see how it goes. You can rename it to original any time.

Code:
atksgt   atksgt.sys   Wed Jun 18 05:40:07 2008
It's in C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder

Just had my first blue screen in a few days. I've attached the new dump. The error that appeared on the screen said MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, or something like that, this time instead of the DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I was getting before. Not sure if that will provide any new insight into the source of the problem though.

After your last post I tried to update my video card driver but the ATI client pops up a message saying I need to get driver updates from my laptop manufacturer instead. Toshiba hasnt released an updated version of my video card driver so I don't think there's anything else I can do at the moment.

Anyway, hopefully there's some new information in this dump. *sigh*

Attachments

• 071210-25100-01.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Same as my previous post, although the 2008 driver is gone now which is good.

Edit: Just noticed what you said about Toshiba. Still checking on things. I'll update soon.

------

Two things to try.

1) Go to C:\Windows\System32\driver
Rename pgeffect.sys to pgeffect.BAK
Reboot.

You can rename it to the original at any time. This is really just to see if bsod still continues or not. If after a long time there is no bsod, then this is probably the cause. If there is bsod, then you can rename it back to original because it has not been the cause.

2) If bsods do continue, run Driver Verifier. It has a good chance of presenting the faulting driver in any crash dump you post after doing this. Here's how:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/mic...t/473665-driver-verifier-windows-7-vista.html

Last edited:
Back