Windows 7 Blue Screen

aaaaaaa481

OK. I downloaded the newest file of Windows 7. Got it all updated and ready. Then I went to Youtube and could watch videos(surprisingly), but when I start downloading stuff it Blue Screens, and most of the time it Blue Screens when I am watching videos. But all the time I blue screen when I am downloading something. That's all I Blue Screen on. And every once in a while It will just Blue Screen. Is there anyway to fix this, cause I liked Windows 7 but that just annoyed me a lot. Please help!

Computer TypeCustom built.ProcessorAMD Athlon X64 2.2GHzMotherboardUnknown. Doesn't show on anythingVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce 6800 GTMemoryCorsair 1024MB(1GB) DDR 3200Hard DriveSeagate 80GBNetwork AdapterWirelessMonitorCOMPAQ MV940 Color MonitorOptical DrivesJust a DVD DriveOnboard AudioRealtek AC'97 Audio

OK. I downloaded the newest file of Windows 7. Got it all updated and ready. Then I went to Youtube and could watch videos(surprisingly), but when I start downloading stuff it Blue Screens, and most of the time it Blue Screens when I am watching videos. But all the time I blue screen when I am downloading something. That's all I Blue Screen on. And every once in a while It will just Blue Screen. Is there anyway to fix this, cause I liked Windows 7 but that just annoyed me a lot. Please help!

Computer TypeCustom built.ProcessorAMD Athlon X64 2.2GHzMotherboardUnknown. Doesn't show on anythingVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce 6800 GTMemoryCorsair 1024MB(1GB) DDR 3200Hard DriveSeagate 80GBNetwork AdapterWirelessMonitorCOMPAQ MV940 Color MonitorOptical DrivesJust a DVD DriveOnboard AudioRealtek AC'97 Audio
Could be anything but I would get more ram for starters, I have 4Gb on two pc one using 64bit and other 32bit using win 7 and have know problems (touch wood) 2Gb min I have found for Vista or 7

Hello and welcome,

Can you read the top line of the blue screen, As an exaple POOL_HEADER_ERROR?

Sorry for all the questions, but........
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you dual-booting?
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?
Did this occur immediately after install?
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?

It says it failed to get a file from the HDD. So it's not my network

But I am running:
32-bit

"Clean" Install

No dual booting. Differnt hard drive

Yes. File, code, everything.

No. Only when I downloaded stuff. Like for me not to make it Blue Screen I would have to completely not touch the computer while 1 file downloaded.

Nivida Grahpics Update, but that says it works perfectly with 7 cause it was built for 7. Java, XFire, World Of Warcraft. Also McAfee beta program but that was recommend by Mircosoft Control Center

Could you explain stuff a little better?

Is this the official RC from MS?

Are these exe's, zip's, rar, videos, what?

Did you try Firefox?

Did you get the Nvidia drivers directly from Nvidia's site?

Have you looked in Event Viewer for EventID's?

Yes. I even reconfirmed it was the offical file

Videos form Youtube(I was watching them I didn't download them), exe(McAfee, World Of Warcraft)

Yes and that's what I thought was the problem so I got rid of it.

Program that sends me directly to the offical website

Yes, and all it says in bad is that computer shut down unexpecticlly..... There is one that says:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x4520000c, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8d90f77f). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.
Report Id: 062209-40781-01.

Last edited:
Is this the current Nvidia driver version that you are running?

GeForce/ION Driver Release 186 WHQL
Version: 186.18
Release Date: June 18, 2009
Operating System: Windows 7 or Windows Vista (32-bit)

Yes it is. And I just got the Blue Screen again about 10 minutes ago. I switched to a different computer until I can find out what it going on.

Try going to Start > Run, and type eventvwr.exe.

Expand the Windows log files and check the Application and System logs for error and/or warnings.

Report back with the EventID

Got nothing but System shutdown unexpectedly. Wait. This might be the problem. Would switching to a 7200 RPM Hard Drive help at all? Cause I just found out I was using a 5400 Hard Drive

Yes, that would defiantly help.

Is the hard drive transfer rate th e lowest score in your Windows Experience Rating?

What programs. Like what kind of Anti-Virus, what kind of..... I will just get stuff that is 7 ready. OK. I was looking at some websites and some are saying that a clean install gets more Blue Screens. Is that true?

More blue screens? you've got to be kidding me:rolleyes:

Absolutely, unequivocally, undeniably positively false.

As for the necessities, I get my anti-virus, spyware detector and firewall for free, so you might want to post that in the software section.

Back