Windows 7 Blue Screening 0x3b!!!

slamscape

This blue screen happens randomly and it is driving me nuts.

I upgraded to windows 7 the other day from vista home premium. (both 64 bit). And not I randomly get blue screen with the stop code 0x0000003b and it also says SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.
When I go into the event viewer the critical error says Event ID (41), Source: Kernel-Power

I have heard the problem may be voltage settings in the BIOS. But I have no idea how to get to those settings, or what they should really be...

An upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts as you're experiencing.

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-install your 3rd party applications.

I dont know how to start a fresh install. I got the disc free from dell and it only says upgrade on it. Would I still be able to get a clean install from it and how would I start?

Unfortunately, you can't do a fresh install with these disks as they contain all the pre-installed software that came with your computer when you purchased it.

Actually put the first disk in while the computer is running.

In Windows Explorer tree pane,. click on the DVD drive. What are some of the filenames on this disk

Also do the same with the second disk.

Last edited:
If a staff member can confirm that could I get the steps on how to do a clean install?

dont want to start messing with this stuff blind.

NOTE: I take no responsibility if you follow the direction below;

I'm wondering if you could just leave you computer running,. navigate to the DVD in Windows Explorer's tree pane and run setup.exe.

What I don't know if It will prompt you to put in Disk 2 and just sit there and wait. There may be some script that they wrote to do this.

If you can exit out by hitting Alt-Ctl-Del,. remove the DVD,After restarting put in Disk2 and go to the apps folder and see if you can manually install the applications..

We really need somebody who has done this two disk installation and see what the procedure is.

I will try the clean install as a last resort. I havent seen the blue screen since this morning, even though i havent changed much. But i think there will still be a few more options to check at before I try the clean install on it.

just wish i knew what was causing the damn thing. and why a few programs refuse to start, as i mentioned in another topic.

I was finally able to open up the dmp file on this. And the bottom said

"probably caused by ntoskrnl.exe"

So what do I do about this file? Do I delete it or try to find a replacement?

Ntoskrnl.exe is in almost every dump file.

NEVER delete it,. one of the mast important operating system files

Back
Top Bottom