Windows 7 Blue screens...

Hemeon

Okay, so I installed windows 7 over a month ago, everything was going fine. One day i'm in the middle of gaming when my computer crashes and continues to crash every time I try to play a game. I ran a system restore and the problem was fixed. Today, I was in the middle of gaming again and BAM, another system crash. Each time it gives me the blue screen, and when I reboot and what not, it checks for a solution on the website, sure as hell doesn't give me a solution though. Anybody mind helpin' me with this? I have tampered with any settings or anything in windows 7 between now and yesterday.

Also, would the problem have anything to do with Xfire or ventrilo? Because I got ventrilo last night and today I crashed. And the first time around I installed Xfire shortly (0-2 days) before it crashed.

Update audio/video drivers, and supply dumpfiles. Dumpfiles are located in C:\windows\minidump - but are only created if your computer is configured to create them. Without those, there is not much we can do :)

If your minidump folder is empty, please tell us, and we will help you enable the creation of them.

I have a dump file in the folder. Do you need the dump file? If so, how do I go about sending it to you?

yeah,, I would guess drivers first also. They may not be RTM 7 drivers, even if they don't say they are beta, they probably are for 7 right now.

Also, would the problem have anything to do with Xfire or ventrilo? Because I got ventrilo last night and today I crashed. And the first time around I installed Xfire shortly (0-2 days) before it crashed.

And yes, this could be a problem. I would uninstall all of it and see if the problem continues.
If not, then there's your problem. Those may not be 7 ready yet either.

Last edited:
Alright, so, I uninstalled vent and since I thought the problem was gone, but then it happened again. I've tried uninstalling things and i've also re-installed my audio drivers. My video drivers are up to date. If the problem persists i'll get back to you. Thanks. :)

The problem came back, it appears to be happening more now. It only crashes in games. When it crashes it says something like "The computer had to shut down to avoid being damaged because of : "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or something like that. I can't remember exactly. i'm thinking of formatting my computer it's the only thing I can think. If it persists after that, i'll just ditch windows 7 regardless of how much I love it. I have a mid performance gaming computer, not a crashing computer.

Last edited:
Back