Windows 7 Bluescreen MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

agita

Hi, i have a problem with getting consistant bsod´sView attachment Minidump.rarView attachment Minidump.rarView attachment Minidump.rar i added a attached a rar file with my dmp files.

my computer specs are as following

p67a gd55
i5 2500k 3.3ghz
zotac 470 gf card
ocz 500w modstream pro
ssd 120 gb intel 320 series

I have overclocked my cpu to 4.5 ghz and i know its a likely cause to the bsod, however when i undo the clocking to the default settings my bsod come at the windows welcome text when starting my computer so it kinda forces my to keep the clocked settings until i figured out the cause to this.

The frequency of the bsods now is very random from 1 hour to 3 hours, some times i can run fine for like 3 hours playing and everything without problems. Sometimes it lets me even stress the cpu with intel burntest which has confirmed this havent anything to do with overheating. cpu is 35c at idle and 65 full load.

I had some issue with my grafikscard a about a week ago where the drivers failled and then got restored on my grafikcard monitoring program. Those problems when away when i tried to use a 550w vx psu from corsair. However my attemp to solve the bsod with trying a diffrent psu presisted so im back on my old one now again.

The only cause i can see to this problem would be the psu but i hesitant to buy a new one just yet. Im really confused why it wont let my reduce the clocked settings without hammering me with bsod´s. I´m really desperate for advice on a solution.

The Bsod happens mostly when i stress the computer in anyway playing, transfering file´s or simular

example of bsod

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
0x0000009c
1 00000000`00000000
2 fffff880`009f4b70
3 00000000`00000000
4 00000000`00000000

caused by driver hal.dll+12818

Would appriciate a reply and advice or if you need more information i would be happy to provide it.

hi

first of all stop Overclocking, reset the settings back to default, just for testing purposes, we can always help set the settings correctly but the amount of minidump files you have clearly shows there is something serikously wrong and we dont want to damage the hardware

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If you remove your overclocking settings is the machine then prime stable? As your overclocking what settings have you used for the overclock?

If you remove your overclocking settings is the machine then prime stable? As your overclocking what settings have you used for the overclock?

please downoad CPUZ and screen shot each tab please

cpuz.png

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thats from cpuz, And if you can see the timestamps of the dmp files the ones with just a few minutes apart is when i tried lowering the overlocking settings but thats when i get rejected by getting instantly bsod at the windows logo at startup.

i can run 4 ghz now with 1.34 vcore settings which is quite high voltage for that particular frequency but its just cause i get the least bsod at those settings at the moment. The diffrence of running 4.5 and 4 ghz at the same vcore voltage is so small but i dont want to touch it now since this time its the most smooth i been running now since i got home from work after being away working for 3 days.

The error messages i get for adjusting the voltage and freqency of the overclocking settings to default values are the same as when i occationally get bsod now while playing or doing other stuff with my stanard clocked settings.

I think the most resonable explenation is that my psu is failing but i really want your opinion and expertise in on this aswell and possible decyper the error messages.

Can you set your ddr voltage to 1.650 if it isn't already. Also set you mem timings to 9-9-9-24 Command Rate 2T

Can you set your ddr voltage to 1.650 if it isn't already. Also set you mem timings to 9-9-9-24 Command Rate 2T

i have 1.645 ddr voltage and timings were on auto, i adjusted them manuallt now but, these bsod errors wasnt occuring when i first bought my pc they came just recently out of nowhere.

I bought my pc in march and the grafic card was bought in may or so, and my ssd in june. The problems with the blue screens have been causing problems for like 1.5 weeks now. and the overclocking was made when i first bought it so i havent tampered or adjusted anything in relation to when my problems started. No aditional hardware was installed either.

The only hardware which is the oldest is my psu its just over a year old. the only component i didnt upgrade with my pc.

Last edited:
Back