Bluescreens everywhere! Please help!

Every time I play Left 4 Dead for longer than about 10 mins, I get a BSoD. I am consistanly getting STOP ERROR 0xA. After looking into this, windows support sayd it is caused by having an nvidia gpu, chipset, and at least 4 gigs of ram, (i have all of those). So I just removed a stick of ram to see if that resolved the issue, then as I was just browsing the internet, another BSoD! This time STOP ERROR 0x50 .

Is the problem my harrdware? I have run a MemDiagnostic tool for awhile without any errors.

Computer:
ASUS m3n sli deluxe
AMD phenom 9850
nVidia 8800 GTS (640) X2
OCz PC2 6400 4 X 1 gig sticks (one currently out)
Windows 7 64bit

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

hi check out debugging tools for x64 then you need to get the minidump file, usually windows/minidump/file.dmp

use winDbg (sp?) and open crash dump.

If you get an error access denied or something similar when trying to open the file, copy the .dmp file from /minidump to somewhere else, like your desktop and open it from there.

It will process the .dmp file and you will have your answer!

btw I guess its your gfx drivers but who knows :)

I cannot get the debugger to work. It keeps telling me I have the wrong symbols. I downloaded the retail symbols for W7 and installed them, then set the symbol path on winDbg to C:/symbols, and it still says the same thing.

Also, last night I was playing TF2, and my computer randomly restarted, the froze on boot up. What is going on?! It seems like things are getting worse........

Now I have just received another BSoD stop error!

Stop Error 0xFC

It's something different each time.
Please Help, if this continues I may have to go back to Xp

Flashed my bios to latest version,
removed one vid card, and got latest driver (so now only one 8800 GTS),
ran a memory diagnostic tool for 8 hours with extended tests on with no problem,
then I fire up another game and get this:

(BSoD)
STOP Error 0x7e

Anybody have any ideas?

Are you using any wifi adapters? I was getting blue screens all the time, I debugged and found out it was my wifi driver. I was using a Linksys USB300N adapter. Download the debugger from Microsoft it should work to read your memory crash dump files.

Make sure you download the appropriate 32 or 64-bit software: Debugging Tools for Windows - Overview

I know that L4D has definite issues with multicore processors - it usually crashes, to varying extents (BSoD, crash-to-desktop, error message optional) after about ten minutes on all my friends' multicore machines. You can disable multicore rendering in the options, which makes it a lot more stable, but you'll need a good graphics card to keep settings high.

TF2 has the occasional multicore issue too, but it may well not be that problem causing your crashes.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.